HURON HIGH SCHOOL
ANNOUNCEMENTS - WEDNESDAY, MARCH 22, 2017
1. Any senior that did not have a senior picture taken by Woodard - please contact Brittany Rowan firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for your senior video photo.
2. August and Arlene Miller Memorial 4-H Scholarship - Scholarship
award of $1000 available to current members of the Erie County 4-H
program. Applications can be found in HHS Counseling office. Submit
completed applications to HHS Counseling office no later than April 24, 2017.
3. Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing will be holding an Open House on Sunday, March 26 from 1-4 p.m.
at Firelands South Campus, 1912 Hayes Avenue, 4th Floor. You will be
able to meet the staff, tour the facility, talk with current students,
and learn about a career in nursing! For more information about the
School of Nursing, visit firelands.com/school-of-nursing
4. The United States Coast Guard will be visiting Friday, March 24th at 9:30 a.m. in the Tiger Union. During their visit they will discuss their roles
and missions of the agency, immediately available job opportunities,
benefits of being in the Coast Guard, and the requirements to join the
service. This is a very informative visit that will be lasting around
45 minutes. Sign up is available now in the Counseling office.
5. Employment Opportunity! Subway will be having open interviews Tuesday, April 4th from 3:00-6:00 p.m. at the Subway in the Outback Plaza, 4920 Milan Rd., Sandusky
6. NHS will continue selling bracelets during lunch to raise funds for
Syrian refugee children. Prices range between $2 and $4.
7. Reminder to all students planning on taking a CCP course next year or
this summer - Your yellow Intent to Participate forms are due in the HHS Counseling office no later than Friday March 31. If you do not turn this form in, you will not be eligible to take a CCP course.
8. Attention CCP Students: Grade check forms are due to the Guidance office by March 31st! The blue forms can be found in the main office.
9. On April 5th Juniors and Seniors will be operating on a three hour delay due to state testing. First period will begin at 10:30. Students are asked to wait in the cafeteria when they arrive at school.
10. Attention all seniors who have participated in cross country and
plan on continuing their education: Be sure to stop by Mr. Blevins'
room to pick up an application for the Huron Cross Country
Scholarship. All applications are due by the end of the month.
11. On Monday, March 27th – March 29th from 3pm-5pm will be cheer tryouts, here at the high school gymnasium. Please stop by the high school office to pick up an information packet.
. Ohio Technical College will be visiting on April 3rd at 9:30 a.m. in the Tiger Union. Sign up in the Counseling office if you would like to meet with their representative.
13. Lunch today is a burrito bowl.
The After Prom committee would like to invite you to a LuLaRoe fashion
fundraiser. LuLaRoe sells comfortable leggings, dresses, and skirts. The
fundraiser is Tuesday, April 4th, 6:30-8:00pm in the Tiger Union. This fundraiser will help support the After Prom activities.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
JV Baseball Scrimmage @ Fremont Ross 5:00pm