March 22, 2017
1. Monday, March 27th – Wednesday, March 29th from 3pm-5pm will be cheer tryouts, at the Huron High School gymnasium. Incoming freshman should have one parent attend a brief meeting on Monday, March 27th at 5pm. Stop by the office to pick up an information packet.
2. Junior high cheer tryouts will be held at Huron High School March 27th – March 29th. Monday, March 27th at 5pm, there will be an informational parent/candidate meeting. The clinic will start at 5:30pm and run through 7:30pm. In order to participate in the clinic an emergency medical form will be needed. All other forms can be turned in on Tuesday. Candidates attire on Monday: black shorts, any Huron T-shirt and ponytail with any color bow.
3. State testing for 8th grade is today and tomorrow. Students should report to their homerooms/testing areas. All testing will begin approximately at 7:40am, so please make sure that you get to class on time. 7th grade students report to your 1st period class.
Students are allowed to bring the following into the testing area:
- A pencil/pen
- A non-carbonated drink no larger than 20 ounces and have a lid
- A book to read after testing is completed
Students are not allowed to bring the following into the testing area:
- Electronic devices
- Homework or class work
Geometry students are to report directly to McCormick today and tomorrow and go to the auditorium.
4. Reminder to all students planning on taking a College Credit Plus (CCP) course next year or this summer: Your yellow Intent to Participate forms are due in the HHS Counseling office no later than Friday, March 31st. If you do not turn this form in, you will not be eligible to take a CCP course.
5. Any 8th graders interested in playing football next year will now begin lifting on Mondays and Wednesdays at 7PM and Fridays at 4:30PM at the HHS Weight Room. Try your best to make 2 to 3 lifts per week. If you have any questions, contact Coach Hohler at the high school.
6. This Friday marks the end of third quarter. Fees need to be paid, overdue library books need to be returned, uniforms returned, etc., so that your grade card is not withheld.
7. Any McCormick Junior Honor Society member (current, not new) who did not pick up his or her interviewing form, please stop by Mrs. Aber’s room today and get one. It needs to be completed, written as a speech, and turned in to Mrs. Aber by March 31.
8. There will be a meeting in the McCormick school cafeteria on Thursday after school for any boy interested in playing on the high school soccer team.