HURON HIGH SCHOOL
ANNOUNCEMENTS - MONDAY, MARCH 13, 2017
1. Congratulations to Marc Dieter, Ronnie Eytchison and Wyatt Kromer for achieving their Eagle Scout rank on Sunday!
2. The chorale participated in large group district contest over the
weekend. They represented Huron extremely well. As a result of their
performance they received a Superior rating and earned the chance to
perform at State contest at the end of April.
3. Mrs. Sadowski is seeking three students interested in competing in a
Junior Achievement business simulation against other area schools on May 19th. Top teams will earn scholarships. See Mrs. Sadowski ASAP for further details.
This week NHS will be selling bracelets during lunch to fund raise for
Syrian refugee children. Prices range between $2 and $4. There will be
a wide variety of colors and patterns.
5. Academic letter applications are now available in the high school
office. You must be a sophomore, junior or senior to apply.
Eligibility is based on a 3.6 accumulative GPA. Applications are due
into the high school office no later than March 31st.
6. Attention Students: Time Staffing will be here during lunch periods today
about summer employment opportunities as well as an opportunity to earn
a $500 scholarship! Stop by their table during lunch for more
Volunteers are needed to work the North Force Sports Camp. This
involves working with special needs kids and siblings in grades K-12.
It is a 4-week camp packed with fun activities. More information and
applications can be found in the main office. Interested students will
need a signature from Mr. Lamb and Mrs. Fahr prior to submitting the
Deadline is May 1, 2017.
8. Community Service Opportunity: Volunteers are needed for the
Huron Tiger swim banquet dinner TO BE HELD at the Rieger Ballroom in the Rieger Place Building,
232 Jackson St., (downtown Sandusky). 4-5 volunteers are needed from 5:30 to 8:30 to help organize the buffet lines. Black pants and shirts are required. The banquet will be held on March 22nd. Interested students can call or text Kelly Henry at (419) 271-2421
9. On Monday, March 27th – March 29th from 3pm-5pm will be cheer tryouts, here at the high school gymnasium. Please stop by the high school office to pick up an information packet.
. Attention Students: The United States Coast Guard will be visiting Friday, March 24th at 9:30 a.m. in the Tiger Union. During their visit they will discuss their roles
and missions of the agency, immediately available job opportunities,
benefits of being in the Coast Guard, and the requirements to join the
service. This is a very informative visit that will be lasting around
45 minutes. Sign up is available now in the Counseling office.
11. Attention Students: Kaman's Art Shoppes will be visiting during lunch periods Thursday, March 16th.
They are looking for enthusiastic students interested in filling
positions in Photography, Artists, and Cashiers inside of Cedar Point. Stop by their table during lunch for more information.
12. Lunch today is chicken nuggets & mashed potatoes.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES