ANNOUNCEMENTS - WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2016
1. Attention all students: Americanism & Government tests are here. Interested students will take the test this Friday, November 11, during 6th & part of 7th period. Please see Mrs. Merckens in room 206 to sign up.
Open House will be held on Thursday, November 10th, at EHOVE Career
4:00 – 7:00 p.m. A free dinner will be served to all guests. Students
and parents are invited to find out more about the career tech programs
available at EHOVE.
3. Any football player not in a Winter sport and interested in helping out should report to the Stadium Saturday morning November 12 at 9AM
to help with leaf clean up before the OHSAA playoff game. Bring a rake
with you and lunch will be provided after. See Coach Hohler if you
have any questions.
4. All those interested in wrestling this season there will be a brief meeting after school on Friday, November 11th in the cafeteria. We will discuss practice times and scheduling, then move mats to the stadium.
5. Locker decorations will be taken down Friday after school by the custodians. If you want to keep yours please take it.
6. New scholarship for Seniors: AMERICAN MUNICIPAL POWER – In memory of Lyle B. Wright and Richard H. Gorsuch, distinguished leaders in public power history, AMP is
offering several $2,500 awards to high school seniors with a GPA of 3.0
or better, a passing score on the public power test, and have met all
of the basic requirements for college or technical school entrance. More
information is available on Naviance and in the Guidance Office. Scholarship nomination forms must be submitted to AMP by municipal utilities on or before DECEMBER 9, 2017. High School transcript must be received via email, fax or mail by FEBRUARY 3, 2017. 7 Attention all Seniors with a December 1st college application deadline: All College Tracking Forms need to be turned into Guidance by Friday, November 18th. 8. The following colleges will be visiting this month and sign-ups are available in the Guidance Office:
Nov. 16th at 9:00 a.m. - Youngstown State UniversityNov. 21st at 9:00 a.m. - Ohio Northern University (Pharmacy Program)
Are you interested in a career in
pharmacy or would you like to learn more about it? An informational
presentation and question and answer session will be held Monday, November 21st.
Come learn about the 0-6 pharmacy program at Ohio Northern University
from current students and how you can start preparing now. Lily Justus, a HHS graduate, will be leading the presentation.
9. Attention all students who are looking for a leadership opportunity to
work on the Youth Coalition for Partners for Prevention for Erie County
which aims at preventing substance abuse and other high risk activities
among youth and adults in Erie County: Applications are available from
Mrs. Smith in the Guidance Office and are due back to Mrs. Smith by the
morning of Nov. 18th. Youth representatives will help develop
tactics, policies, and provide information to affect environmental
change and reduce substance use among Erie County youth. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved and take the lead in changing our community to be a safer and healthier place. TODAY'S ACTIVITIES
10. Lunch today is chicken nuggets & mashed potatoes.
no after school activities