ANNOUNCEMENTS - THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2016
1. National Honor Society will be holding a Blood Drive on
Wednesday, December 7th, in the high school gym. Sign-ups to give
blood, will be held during lunch periods starting today through next
Tuesday. You must be 16 or older to donate.
2. There will be hitting open gym in the cage at Woodlands on Sunday, Dec. 4. Juniors and Seniors can hit from 2pm to 3pm, and Freshmen and Sophomores can hit from 3pm to 4pm.
We will continue this on both December 11th and December 18th.
3. New Scholarships added to Naviance for Seniors:
OACCS OhioLEADS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM – Several scholarships
for Ohio career colleges and schools available to high school seniors
ranging from $1,500 - $40,000. Applicants must have a “C” average or
better and be nominated by a local civic or community leader or current
member of the Ohio Legislature. Please visit www.ohiocareercolleges.org for scholarship brochures, Nomination Forms, and applications. More information is also available in the Guidance office. DEADLINE IS APRIL 14, 2017
America's Farmers Grow Ag Leaders
- Scholarship award of $1,500 available from The Ag Industry, which
offers thousands of opportunities in business, communications,
education, engineering, science and technology. Interested students must
seek two farmer endorsements of their application. FFA membership is
not required. To apply visit FFA.org/scholarships. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS FEBRUARY 1, 2017.
BGSU Firelands Academic Tournament Scholarship - Scholarship
award of $1,000 available to a Huron High School graduate planning to
attend BGSU Firelands in the fall of 2017. Applicants do not need to
have been members of the academic challenge tournament to apply. Visit https://sfa.
bgsu.edu/sa/firelands to apply. DEADLINE IS MAY 1, 2017.
4. Community Service Opportunity: Colonial Gardens is having a spaghetti dinner fundraiser Saturday, December 3rd from 4:30-7:30 p.m. They are looking for volunteers to help with table service. Please contact Cindy at 419-625-5318 for more information and to sign up.
There will be Ski Club sign-up and information today during
lunch. Online registration deadline is December 16th. There will be a
short meeting after school Thursday, December 15th, for anyone
interested in joining. Please see the fliers posted around school for
us spread happiness this Christmas by being a part of Project
Happy-Christmas. We are asking that you join us in purchasing, filling
and wrapping ONE shoe box for children in Erie County. Return it to a
participating church/business/school or one of the drop spots listed on
flyers posted around school. Shoe boxes need to be collected by
Huron Interact is accepting new members. Interact is a service based
organization that participates in projects to make our community and
school a better place. Applications are available in the high school
office and are due by Friday, December 2nd. If you have any questions, contact
Caitlyn McNulty or Grace Moser. 8. Lunch today is a pizza sub.
Bowling @ Norwalk (Kenilee Lanes) 4:00pm