HURON HIGH SCHOOL
ANNOUNCEMENTS - WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2017
1. Auditions for this year's Spring Musical "Thoroughly Modern Millie" will be next week, February 21st & 22nd
with callbacks and dance auditions on the 23rd. If you are interested
in being a part of this fun, energetic production, please stop by the
choir room or the high school office and pick up an audition form from Ms. Jackson.
2. For anyone interested in playing baseball/softball through the Huron Parks Department: Registration will be held Sunday, February 19 & February 26 at the Huron Eagles. Information is available in the high school office.
3. Rival Alert! Vermilion has challenged us on a rival vote to see who you think will win the varsity boys basketball game on Friday 2/17/17. Go to www.hurontigerathletics.com to vote. Go Tigers !
4. New Scholarship:
OHAC SCHOLARSHIP –
Award of $1,000 available to students enrolling in or attending an
accredited college, university, community college, technical, or
vocational school. Applicants must be a Public Housing or Section 8
Resident at time of application and the housing authority must be an OHAC Member. Stop into the Guidance office for more information and applications. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MARCH 17, 2017.
5. The Varsity Girls Basketball team will have their senior night on Thursday, 2/16/17,
when they play Perkins. The Pep Band and Cheerleaders will be there to
perform. Come on out to support our girls and make it a memorable night
6. Sign up for boys track will be Thursday during lunches.
Sign up for girls track will be Thursday after school. Conditioning for girls track will start 2/21!
7. Attention all Juniors going on the Junior Class Trip:
The last payment for the trip is due today.
Final Payment: room of 4: $119
room of 3: $159
room of 2: $239
Attention all students needing to take the Accuplacer for next year's CCP courses: Please apply to BGSU by FEB 17
(new date) in order to allow BG time to process your voucher. You will
also need to sign up in the counseling office to take this test by Feb. 17th.
If you are already a BG student and need to take a new part of the test, please also sign up in the counseling office.
9. The University of Mount Union will be visiting Tuesday, February 28th at 10:00am in the Tiger Union. Stop into the Guidance office to sign up. 10. Lunch today is a burrito bowl.
no after school activitiesParents: Tuesday, February 21 @ 3-6pm are parent-teacher conferences. Please call the high school to schedule.