HURON HIGH SCHOOL
1. There will be a mandatory meeting for all juniors going on the class trip this Friday during first period.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2016
2. Attention freshmen and upperclassmen, Jostens will be here to take class ring orders on Friday, February 5th,
during lunch periods in the cafeteria. Please make sure to take
advantage of any order day promotions or discounts. Extra packets are
available in the main office.
3. Castaway Bay will be doing a visit during lunches today for those interested in applying for a possible job.
4. Attention all juniors in good standing: If you are interested in
state-level government and want to hone your leadership skills, please
see Mrs. Merckens for a Buckeye Boys or Buckeye Girls State
application. The short forms are due back to room 206 by Tuesday, February 9.
5. Auditions for this year's Musical - Cinderella (Broadway Version) - Will be Monday, February 8, from 6-9, Tuesday, February 9 from 3-6. Call backs, if needed, will be on Thursday, February 11, from 3-5 and EVERYONE for Dance Audition on Thursday from 6-9. All auditions are at the high school choir room. See Mr. Skaggs for an audition packet.
6. Attention all Huron HS students! Old Woman Creek staff researchers are
in need of some citizen scientists. They are currently looking for high
school students interested in earning community service or valuable
research experience. The time commitment is anywhere from three nights
in the spring for the frog & toad monitoring program to a daily
commitment of two straight weeks for the Mole salamander monitoring
project. There are lots of options and opportunities, including muskrat
and beaver projects as well. One to two days of training will be
provided. This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain valuable
career experience, make connections with professionals, and build your
resume. See Mr. Blevins if you are interested.7. Attention all Seniors: Diploma Lists are posted inside the Guidance
Office. Be sure to stop by and check for you name on the Top 10%,
Honors, and Diploma of Distinction. If there is a problem, please see
Mrs. Fahr. The last day to verify is Feb. 11th by 2:45pm.
8. Attention all Seniors: Honor cord applications are available in the
Guidance Office NOW! You will need to attach a copy of your unofficial
transcript to each application. All applications are due by Feb. 19th at 2:45pm.
9. Attention all students who are interested in voting : You may vote in the March 15 Primary Election for President if you are still 17 years old, as long as you will turn 18 by November 8. Please see Mrs. Merckens for a voter registration form in room 206 and return them by Friday, Feb. 5. 10
. Attention all students interested in applying to EHOVE: The deadline to apply for 1st round applications is Friday, Feb. 5th. Please make sure to submit your application online today at www.ehove.net if you are interested in attending!
11. There will be a meeting Monday, February 8th, for girls interested in trying out for softball. The meeting will take place right after school in the cafeteria.
Anyone looking for volunteer hours with an interest in helping seniors
at the Veterans Home learn to use the Internet? A new program called
"Cyber Seniors" begins Saturday, February 6, from 10am-11am. A sign-up sheet is on the counter in the office. Six volunteers are needed.
13. Huron Public Library news:
Tonight - Find your next great book without looking!
Valentine Chess Tournament, Saturday, February 13 from 9 am - 5 pm. Middle and High School divisions with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards. Cost:$1; Lunch provided. Additional food available.
For more information, go to huronlibrary.org.
14. Lunch today is pizza or a turkey wrap.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Girls basketball vs St Joseph Central Catholic 6:00pm