Boys Basketball Banquet
HURON HIGH SCHOOL
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2016
1. Attention Swimmers. Warm up jackets will be collected on Tuesday, March 1st. Please bring warm up jackets with you to lunch. Coach Lehrer will be there to meet you.
Cinderella's Closet 6th prom season is almost upon us. We assist girls
with formal wear, at NO COST, that are facing financial challenges.
Girls can be referred to Cinderella's Closet by their high school
teachers, guidance counselors, churches social care agencies or
parents/guardians. Appointments can now be made online and submitted at
On Thursday, March 3, at 7:30pm,
there will be a concert in the McCormick Auditorium showcasing the 8th
grade band as well as the high school Chorale and Concert band. The
Chorale and Concert band will perform the music they will play at their
respective contests on March 4. So if you get a chance, swing by McCormick on Thursday at 7:30pm for some great entertainment!
Attention all students applying for the Firelands Positive People
Scholarship:There has been confusion with the post office, so please
turn all completed applications into the Guidance Office by March 1st, and the committee will pick them up that day. Please see Mrs. Fahr if you have any questions.
5. Bowlers please stop by the high school office to pick up Big Brother/Big Sister forms.
Attention Students interested in learning more about Air Fore ROTC:
is no service commitment for the first 2 years of college. Students can
try the program out, while studying anything they’d like in college,
and can walk away if it’s not a good fit for them. Please stop into the
Guidance Office for more information.
7. New scholarship available in the guidance office: OHAC SCHOLARSHIP – Award of $1,000 available
to students enrolling in or attending an accredited college, university,
community college, technical, or vocational school. Applicants must be a Public Housing or Section 8 Resident at
time of application and the housing authority must be an OHAC Member. Stop into the Guidance office for more information
and applications. DEADLINE IS MARCH 10, 2016.
letter applications are now available in the high school office. You
must be a sophomore, junior or senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.6 to
apply. The deadline to apply is
April 1st. Please return forms to the high school office.
9. There will be a mandatory informational parent meeting on Tuesday, March 1, at 7pm in the high school cafeteria for those interested in trying out for football cheerleading.
10. Signups for the Huron Baseball Softball program will be held at the Huron Eagles on Sunday, March 6 from 1-4pm. If you are interested in participating, please stop by the high school office for more information.
11. Lunch today is bacon double cheeseburgers or a toasted pizza sub.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES