August 26, 2016
1. The Huron Public Library Teen Library Council will meet Monday, August 29 at 3 pm. New and potential members are welcome! The next meeting will be Saturday, September 3 at 2 pm.
2. Students are reminded to turn in their emergency medical form, acceptable use policy/photo release form, and student handbook signature page to the office if you have not already done so. They were mailed home.
3. McCormick Junior Honor Society members: Mrs. Aber would like to have a brief meeting today immediately after school to: (1.) Prepare for the first dance, Sept. 9 and (2.) Prepare for Officer elections. Meeting won't be longer than 10 minutes.
4. 7th and 8th graders interested in applying to be a part of the Tigerbotics First Lego Team should get an application from Mrs. LaCrosse in room 201. This is the only way that you will be able to join the NASA and EHOVE sponsored Lego Robotics Team. So, get that application, fill it out, and turn it in by Friday, Sept. 2.
5. Attention 7th and 8th grade Academic Challenge Team members, our first practice will be Tuesday in room 207 from 2:45-3:30. Please talk to your coaches and let them know you will be late to practice. See Mrs. Rowen if you have any questions.
6. Attention all students who plan to attend any home athletic contest or away contest at other schools. We would like to remind you of our expectations for you regarding your behavior while at the contest supporting our athletes.
--All students are required to follow the expectations that are in the student handbook.
--All students who are in attendance need to be in their seat while the game is in progress. Students are reminded that at all football games whether home or away they are to be in the bleachers within the first minute of the game, and remain in the bleachers until one minute before halftime. Following half time, all students must be back in the bleachers within the first minute of the second half and remain there until the end of the game.
--Profanity, taunting, trash talking, or heckling of players or other spectators will result in immediate removal from the game and disciplinary actions will be taken.
--Students are not permitted to bring skateboards, footballs, or other types of balls into the stadium on game nights.
--Students younger than 5th grade must sit with their parents. 5th and 6th grade students that are not sitting with their parents must sit in the student section of the bleachers. Students who fail to follow these rules could be subject to removal from the contest. Students are reminded that when attending contests or activities, it is a school sponsored activity and you are representing Huron City Schools.