ANNOUNCEMENTS - WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2016
1. New scholarships available for Seniors:
Tobi Cares Scholarship - Scholarship award of $3,000 offered to
young women wishing to pursue higher education, leadership, and personal
style in women's fashion. More information can be found on Naviance
and by visiting http://www.tobi.com/#scholarship_program. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS DECEMBER 31, 2016.
The BigSun Organization
is proud to be able to help young athletes succeed in their academic
pursuits. The successful applicant will be a high school senior that
will be attending a post secondary institute and currently involved in
some sport at that institution or in the community. More scholarship
details are available on Naviance. Visit http://www.bigsunathletics.com to apply. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JUNE 19, 2017
2. The following colleges will be visiting this month and sign-ups are available in the Guidance Office:
Nov. 16th at 9:00 a.m. - Youngstown State UniversityNov. 21st at 9:00 a.m. - Ohio Northern University (Pharmacy Program)
3. Tonight there will be a meeting for anyone who will be participating in swimming this year at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria All swimmers are asked to bring their completed emergency medical forms with them to the 30 minute meeting.
4. Presale tickets for Thursday's volleyball game at Lake High School (7:30pm) are on sale in the high school office. Tickets presale are $6. At the door, the cost is $8.
The meeting for boys baseball has been scheduled for Thursday, November 3, in Mr Hohler's room after school. Following the
meeting, there will be a Senior baseball player meeting. The meeting
will be very short.
6. On Monday, November 7, the Huron Boys Golf team will be having a fundraiser at Chipotle between the hours of 5pm and 9pm.
Tell the cashier you're supporting the cause to make sure that 50% of
the proceeds will be donated to the Huron Boys Golf Team.
7. Attention all students who are looking for a leadership opportunity to
work on the Youth Coalition for Partners for Prevention for Erie County
which aims at preventing substance abuse and other high risk activities
among youth and adults in Erie County: Applications are available from
Mrs. Smith in the Guidance Office and are due back to Mrs. Smith by the
morning of Nov. 18th. Youth representatives will help develop
tactics, policies, and provide information to affect environmental
change and reduce substance use among Erie County youth. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved and take the lead in changing our community to be a safer and healthier place.
8. Lunch today is a cheeseburger & fries.
no after school activities