1. SBC Volleyball All-conference Selections
ANNOUNCEMENTS - TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2016
Bay Division - 1st team - Gabriella Wood (Most Outstanding Performer), Hillary Sterett and Addie Wisehart.
2nd team - Alli Grendow and Sydney Ward
Honorable Mention - Olivia Lagando
2. Seniors - Jostens will be here today during lunches, to take any graduation orders for those of you who
might have missed them earlier in the month. If you have any questions,
please stop into the high school office.
3. Attention students planning on signing up for the European trip 2018: The enrollment window for this trip closes Friday at midnight. If you have any questions please feel free to see Mrs. Arambula.
4. National Honor Society will be hosting a blood drive on Wednesday, October 26, from
2 pm-7 pm in the Woodlands Gymnasium. This blood drive is in partnership with the Pint Size Hero program with the Red Cross.
If you give blood at the October 26th drive, you will not be eligible
to donate at the December drive hosted at the high school due to the 56 day wait period. However, we are offering this blood drive to the students who can not usually give blood at our December drive due to winter sports.
This drive gives a chance to you make a difference in the community and give blood at this upcoming drive. You have to be 16 or older to give blood, but need a parent permission slip if you are still 16. This
blood drive is not like our usual ones, since it is at Woodlands, so
you will be responsible to make your own appointment. We will
have instruction forms on how you can sign up to give blood in the High
School office and we will also have parent forms in case your parents,
family members, or other adults would like to give blood also. National Honor Society hopes to see you on October 26th!
5. There will be an informational meeting for basketball cheer tryouts on Thursday, October 27, at 5pm in the cafeteria. Tryouts will be held the week of November 1st
through November 3rd at Woodlands.
6. The Ohio State Alumni Scholarship -
The Ohio State Alumni Scholars Program (ASP) is intended to provide
recognition and financial assistance to outstanding incoming freshman.
The standards of selection are; ranking in the top 10% of your high
school graduating class, involvement in school and community activities,
and showing a sound interest and positive attitude toward college
coursework. Stop into the Guidance office for applications. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS DECEMBER 10, 2016 .
7. Huron cheerleaders are sponsoring "Kiss a Senior Goodbye” through Thursday. For $1 you can purchase 2 messages during lunch periods. These messages
will be delivered on Friday attached with a handful of chocolate kisses! So send your favorite senior a kiss!
8. Attention Seniors: Elks Student of the Month application deadline is quickly approaching. Stop into the Guidance office for an application. DEADLINE MONDAY, OCTOBER 31st.
9. On Monday, October 31st, Lourdes University will be here at 1:30. Please come to the Guidance office to sign up to meet with their admissions representative.
10. Attention all students who take plan on taking a College Credit Plus course online or at Firelands this Spring: You must sign up for a 15 minute time slot in Guidance to meet with Sophia Jackson or Amy Planthaber.
Once you have your meeting and credit check, a hold will be removed
from your account. Seniors will meet on with Mrs. Fahr and BG advisors
on Friday 10/28 and Juniors and underclassman will meet on Monday 10/31.
11. Lunch today is pasta & meat sauce.