1. The Student Union will be CLOSED 4th period today.
ANNOUNCEMENTS - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2016
Attention Senior football players and Senior girls who purchased "I
Love Huron Football" shirts, Officer Lobsinger will be taking group
pictures today, at the beginning of fourth period so please report
to the gym after third period.
3. Attention students planning on signing up for the European trip 2018: The enrollment window for this trip closes tonight at midnight. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Arambula.
Monday the 31st, there will be a costume contest. You can participate
in the contest or wear any costume that is dress code appropriate. The
different contest themes include: best group, best teacher
impersonation, most comical, most terrifying, most original and best
duo. If you plan on participating in a costume award, sign up sheets
will be in the office this Friday and Monday. Winners get prizes!
5. Any girls interested in playing basketball this season, the first practice is Monday the 31st at 5:00 to 6:30 in the high school gym.
There will be a meeting after school on Tuesday, November 1st, in Mr
Hohler's room for anyone interested in playing baseball. Following the
meeting, there will be a Senior baseball player meeting. The meeting
will be very short.
boy interested in playing basketball, there will be a meeting Tuesday,
November 1st, right after school in Coach Schaeffer's room 207.
8. Attention all students who are looking for a leadership opportunity to
work on the Youth Coalition for Partners for Prevention for Erie County
which aims at preventing substance abuse and other high risk activities
among youth and adults in Erie County: Applications are available from
Mrs. Smith in the Guidance Office and are due back to Mrs. Smith by the
morning of Nov. 18th. Youth representatives will help develop
tactics, policies, and provide information to affect environmental
change and reduce substance use among Erie County youth. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved and take the lead in changing our community to be a safer and healthier place.
9. Attention Seniors: The Erie County Community Foundation has several scholarships listed on their website www.eriefoundation.org. Take note of eligibility requirements as well as deadline dates for each individual scholarship you are applying to.
If a transcript is required with your completed application, please
fill out a Scholarship Tracking form and turn it into the Guidance
10. Attention Seniors: Elks Student of the Month application deadline is quickly approaching. Stop into the Guidance office for an application. DEADLINE MONDAY, OCTOBER 31st.
11. On Monday, October 31st, Lourdes University will be here at 1:30. Please come to the Guidance office to sign up to meet with their admissions representative.
12. Attention all students who plan on taking a College Credit Plus course online or at Firelands this Spring: You must sign up for a 15 minute time slot in Guidance to meet with Sophia Jackson or Amy Planthaber.
Once you have your meeting and credit check, a hold will be removed
from your account. Seniors will meet on with Mrs. Fahr and BG advisors
on Friday 10/28 and Juniors and underclassman will meet on Monday 10/31.
13. Lunch today is a walking taco.