October 21, 2016
1. The Teen Library Council at the Huron Public Library will have an after-hours Halloween Party on Saturday, October 22 from 7 pm - midnight. Members are asked to pick up a permission slip before the event. Costumes are mandatory. Everyone is asked to bring candy and a midnight breakfast item to share. Questions? Contact Ms Carol.
2. Today is the last day of the competition between students in 7th and 8th grade for the United Way fundraising drive. Students who would like to donate to the United Way drive should bring their donations to the office and put it in your grades collection box. The winning grade level will receive a sundae treat from Mr. Carter at the end of October. Please help obtain our student goal of $500.... every cent counts! THE SEVENTH GRADE IS IN THE LEAD!! Remember, the student goal of $500 has to be reached in order to receive the sundae treat.
3. Just a reminder that cross country athletes need to turn their uniform into either Coach James or LaCrosse. Our pizza party is Monday at 4:00pm at Huron Pizza House.
4. Are you an artist? Would you like design this year's yearbook cover? If so, draw your own original cover. Write McCormick Jr. High 2016-2017 at the top. Put the drawing on blank computer paper 8.5 by 11 inches. Submit your drawing in color to Mr. Maleski or Mrs. Brown by Friday, Oct. 28th. The students of McCormick will vote for the winner.
5. Ripcho Studio will be here for picture retakes on Monday, October 31st at 9:00am. If you were absent on picture day in September, plan to have your picture taken. If you have received your pictures and are not happy with them, please remember to bring those with you on October 31st so you may have your picture re-taken.
6. Attention NJHS and Student Council members. The sign up sheet to sell tickets and work at the dance is in the office. Stop by the office between classes or during study hall to sign up for time slots.
7. The Boo Bash costume and dance party will be Friday, October 28th from 2:45-4:30. See posters for specifics about costumes. Everyone will come in the front door that day to check for appropriate costume choices.
8. Tickets for the Boo Bash dance will go on sale Wednesday and will be sold through Friday during both lunches. The cost is $5 per ticket. We hope to see you there!
9. Power of the Pen, a writing club for people who like writing stories to a prompt, will meet today in Mrs. Aber's room from 2:40 - 3:25. Make arrangements for a ride home afterwards.
10. Parent-Teacher conferences are Tuesday, October 25th from 3:00- 7:00. Parents need to call the office if they would like to schedule a conference.
11. 7th grade Geography Bee participants please see Mr. Maleski during study hall. 8th grade Geography Bee participants please see Mr. Schoenherr during study hall.