October 11, 2016
1. It's Teen Read Week at the Huron Public Library starting Sunday, October 9 through Saturday, October 15. Teens in grades 7 - 12 who check something out receive an entry form for our prize basket. Enter additional fun contests on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for more chances to win! The prize basket includes candy, a DVD, an autographed copy of If I Stay by Gayle Forman, gift certificates and more! Come to the library or visit our website for more details.
2. Today, the swim coach will be here to meet with any student interested in swim during study halls. If you plan on going to the meeting, please first check in with your homeroom teacher prior to going to the meeting.
3. Any student interested in swimming or diving should come with their parents to the half hour meeting tomorrow evening at 7:00pm, which will be held in the High School cafeteria.
4. Are you willing to help families in and around Huron and throughout Erie County? Do you want to be part of McCormick's United Way fundraising drive? Starting today, October 10, through October 21, there will be a competition between students in 7th and 8th grade. Students who would like to donate to the United Way drive should bring their donations to the office and put it in your grades collection box. The winning grade level will receive a sundae treat from Mr. Carter at the end of October. Please help obtain our student goal of $500.... every cent counts!
5. Any students still interested in joining Lego club, we are meeting tomorrow from 2:45 to 4:00 in Room 201. Please make sure you have a ride at 4:00. We will be working with building the playing field and the robot.