HURON HIGH SCHOOL
ANNOUNCEMENTS - MONDAY, MAY 1, 2017
Congratulations to 4 of Huron High School Art students who won awards
for their artwork that was submitted to the 2017 Audubon Society Art
1st place award - Michael Hurst
2nd place winner - Conor Fortune
Honorable Mention - Amy Opfer and Elizabeth Mills
were over 300 submissions. We are proud to announce that Huron High
School artists won in almost all of the high school realistic art
category! Congratulations again to Michael, Conor, Amy and
2. Congratulations to Chorale for receiving a Superior Rating at state contest this past Saturday.
a huge thank you to the cast and crew of Thoroughly Modern Millie for
putting on 3 phenomenal shows this weekend! If any cast member has a
script that they need to return to Miss Jackson, please do so by Wednesday of this week.
3. Attention all Freshmen-Juniors. We will be running a semester long ACT
Prep class next year. If you are interested, please sign up in the
Counseling Office asap.
4. Tickets for prom will be on sale this week during
the lunch periods. Ticket are $30 for a single and $50 for a couple.
After prom cost is included in the cost.
to end of course testing for students in American History and
Government, HHS will be operating on a 2-hour delay Wednesday, 5/3. For
those students who are NOT in American History or Government, you will
need to report to HHS at 9:15am. Students who arrive early to school
are asked to wait in the cafeteria. Buses will be operating on a normal
schedule. All juniors and seniors interested in attending the after prom must
submit a waiver form signed by your parents. Forms should be submitted
when purchasing tickets. Forms are available in the office or with Mrs.
6. All students who applied for the Sandusky Elks Student of the Month are invited to their annual dinner Tuesday, May 9th at 6:30 p.m.,
where two scholarship awards will be announced. Student tickets are
free and additional tickets are $8.00 each. Checks need to be made out to the Sandusky Elks. Please see Mrs. Smith in the
counseling office for tickets.
7. Big Brothers Big Sisters will be going to Woodlands and Shawnee on Thursday, May 4.
8. Petitions for all other Student Council positions are now available in the high school office.
9. From the Huron Public Library:
Friends of the Huron Public Library are seeking
students to assist in the setup and teardown of the Library book sale.
The Friends are offering $8 per hour to 5-10 students for 3-6 hours of
work. Eligible students must be 15 years or older, able to lift 50
pounds, and be available on Thursday, June 1, at
9am, and/or Monday, June 5, at 9am. Interested students are invited to meet with the Friends Executive Board at the Huron Library on May 15 at 3:30 pm.
10. Boys soccer lifting is cancelled for today.
11. Lunch today is bosco breadsticks.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Boys Tennis vs Vermilion 4:00pm
Varsity Baseball & Softball vs Clyde 4:45pm
JV Baseball @ Clyde 4:45pm