FRIDAY, APRIL 22, 2016 1. Attention all current Seniors who are planning on attending BGSU Firelands next
year: There are many scholarships that are available and some that are
only for Huron HS students. The deadline to apply for these is May 1st. Please visit the BGSU Firelands Financial Aid website to apply!
2. Seniors, if you are interested in being in the Sandusky Register Senior
Tab for the graduation. Pictures must be turned into the office toay and must include your first and last name on them somewhere.
3. Panera is holding a fundraiser for OHgo on Tuesday, April 26. Take a picture of the signs around the school building or show Panera the picture found on OHgo's facebook page.
4. Seniors please remember to turn your votes for Senior Superlatives in to Ms. Kukay or Mrs. Hotz by the end of the day today.
5. Tickets for the high school musical, Cinderella, will be on sale during lunches today. Tickets are $10 each. The play will take place tonight and Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2pm at McCormick Junior High.
6. Attention all students planning on taking a class out at Firelands next
year: It is very important that you print off your BG schedule and turn
it in to Mrs. Fahr in the Guidance Office asap. She will then meet
with you to work with your schedule.
7. On Sunday evening from 6-8pm,
a free event for addiction education, awareness and prevention will
take place at The Chapel on Galloway Rd in Sandusky. If you would like
to hear more about the pressures young people are facing and help them
make the right decisions before it's too late, please stop by for what
should be a very informative evening. There's a flyer posted outside
the office window with more information.
8. National Honor Society will be selling bracelets for $2
at lunch to benefit the Smercina family. 100% of the proceeds will go
to the help with medical expenses. Today will be the last day to purchase these in the cafeteria.
9. The Senior Girls Self Defense Class will now be held on May 10th from 5:00 -7:00 PM. Please make sure to change your calendar to attend this important class before you head off to college.
The 18th Annual Huron Chamber of Commerce Lighthouse Race will be held Saturday,
This is a 5K run or walk. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to
the Tanny Vonthron Memorial Scholarship fund. Registration details can
be found on the office window.
11. There will be a brief meeting for all boys basketball players next Tuesday right after school in Coach Schaeffer's room.
12. Attention students and staff who haven't already ordered a 2015-2016 yearbook: The deadline to order a yearbook is Friday, May 13. Either order one online by visiting jostens.com, or bring a check in to Mrs. Lee, made out to Huron High School, for $65.
13. There will be a benefit spaghetti dinner and silent auction for Maddie Hemingway on Saturday, April 23. The dinner will be held from 5-6:30pm at the Huron United Methodist Church. Free will donations accepted for Maddie's medical expenses.
14. Attention all students: EHOVE Summer School applications are now
available in the Guidance Office. Applications are available until
classes are full or until June 10th. Please stop in if you are interested!
If you are a student under the age of 18 and are planning on securing a
summer job, you will need a work permit. These are located outside the
high school office. There's a portion to be filled out by your parent,
the employer and on the back is where you need a physician's signature
stating you are able to perform the job. The physician's signature is
needed only if you DO NOT have a valid physical on file in the high
school office already. Once the form is completed, please drop that off
to the high school office. Usually the work permit (which you will
need to sign) will be ready for you that afternoon or the following
day. Please plan accordingly. Stop in with any questions.