1. Start the Year Jammin'! The first dance of the year will be held on Friday, September 5th, right after school until 4:30 p.m. We'll have our awesome DJ bringing us the music, lots of cookies and punch, and all your classmates having a blast together. Tickets will be sold for $5 during 8th grade lunch, and during 7th grade study hall at the end of the day. The National Junior Honor Society will be hosting, and every one of them will be dancing!
2. Attention Student Council Members! There will be a brief meeting on Thursday right after school in room 207. The meeting should be over by 2:55. Please let your coaches know that you may be a few minutes late to practice that day as all members are expected to attend. See Mrs. Rowen in room 207 if you have any questions.
3. Attention, all students! Starting yesterday, all tardies to school and reporting to class after the bell will be recorded. if your attendance becomes an issue, you may be subject to penalties, such as detentions or Saturday School. Please check your student handbook for more information.
4. Articles of clothing, books, notebooks etc. that are found throughout the school building will be placed on a table outside the cafeteria. If you lost something, please stop by the table and claim your item. Periodically, the table will be emptied; all items will be taken to Goodwill.
5. There were so many excellent candidates running for National Junior Honor Society Officers this year, and the voting was very very close. Congratulations to 2014-2015 officers: President, Stephen Demos, Vice-President, Maddie Kilbury, Secretary, Corinne Steuk, and Treasurer, Emma Golling.
6. The seventh grade volleyball team defeated Oak Harbor last night. Their current record is 3-0. Keep up the good work!