December 5, 2018
1. Are you and your parents taking extra days off at Christmas break? A vacation form needs to be submitted to the office prior to the absence so that Mr. Carter can approve the absence.
2. Don’t forget to bring chemo care package items to your homeroom class before December 19th. Items to bring are listed in each class. The winning homeroom in both grades wins a donut party after Christmas break. Let’s help make the kids on the pediatric cancer floor at Cleveland Clinic happy this holiday season.
3. Help us spread happiness this Christmas by being a part of OHgo’s Project Happy Christmas. We are asking that you join us in purchasing filling and wrapping ONE shoebox for children in Erie county. Return it to the school office or one of the drop spots listed on the flyer. Shoeboxes are due by December 18th.
4. Any students interested in participating in art club, science club, or a combination should sign up in the office. There is no commitment for attending all clubs. Sessions will be held after school 2-3 times a month and students can come to any or all sessions. Students who attend will also have the opportunity to work the concession stand at McCormick home basketball games. The club times and dates will not interfere with any other school clubs you may be a part of already. Mrs. James, Mr. Haplea, and Mrs. LaCrosse will be leading the Sessions.
5. This Saturday at the Huron Public Library learn how to create your own comics with the creators of Mickey Mart's Mickey the Moose comics. Register at huronlibrary.org, or by calling the library, for this free program. For ages 12 - 17, Saturday, December 8 from 2 - 4 pm.
Teen Library Council at the Huron Public Library meets this Sunday, December 9 at 3 pm with new advisor, Tessann Brewster. Members are encouraged to attend to welcome Tessann and start planning for spring programs for teens.
Craft Corner, for grades 3 - 7, meets at the Huron Public Library on Thursday, December 13 at 4:30 pm to create an origami wreath. Register today at huronlibrary.org, or by calling the library, for this free program.
6. Reminder that this Friday, December 7th, is a scheduled 2 hour delayed start.
7. Mrs. James will be placing Scholastic book orders on Friday afternoon. Orders can also be placed online. If you would like an order form, please see your Language Arts teacher.
8. SC members will meet in room 207 today during 8th grade lunch. We will finalize the dance song list, make posters, and sign up to work at the dance, so all members should attend.