December 12, 2018
1. Are you and your parents taking extra days off at Christmas break? A vacation form needs to be submitted to the office prior to the absence so that Mr. Carter can approve the absence.
2. Don’t forget to bring chemo care package items to your homeroom class before December 19th. Items to bring are listed in each class. The winning homeroom in both grades wins a donut party after Christmas break. Let’s help make the kids on the pediatric cancer floor at Cleveland Clinic happy this holiday season.
3. Help us spread happiness this Christmas by being a part of OHgo’s Project Happy Christmas. We are asking that you join us in purchasing filling and wrapping ONE shoebox for children in Erie county. Return it to the school office or one of the drop spots listed on the flyer. Shoeboxes are due by December 18th.
4. Craft Corner, for grades 3 - 7, meets at the Huron Public Library tomorrow at 4:30 pm to create an origami wreath. Register today at huronlibrary.org, or by calling the library, for this free program.
5. Elizabeth Barret, RN, MSN Critical Care for Cleveland Clinic, will be our Future Friday’s presenter this Friday. Students are reminded to wait to be called to the auditorium.
6. Student Council will kick off our holiday spirit week on Friday, with pajama day, followed by the pajama dance before Christmas. Tickets for the dance will be sold at both lunches Wednesday - Friday. The cost for tickets is $5. Come dance the afternoon away and enjoy some cookies and punch as we celebrate the holidays!
Selling tickets today are -Joslyn Harrington and Lauren Rulli during 8th grade lunch and Drew Eck, XiXi Fejes, and Kandall Camp during 7th grade lunch.
7. Student council members, remember your gallon of lemonade and 2 dozen nut free cookies are due to Mrs. Rowen by Friday.
8. STEAM Club will meet today from 2:45-4:00 in Mr. Haplea's room for both an ART and a SCIENCE activity. All students are welcome!