Huron High School
Announcements - Tuesday, 10/23/18
1. Huron High School collected 216 pairs of socks last week. Collectively, the TLC class collected 664 pairs of socks in one week!
In 3rd place - Hohler with 28
In 2nd place - Hotz with 73
In 1st place - D. Schaeffer with 88
2. Picture retakes
for grades 9 through 11 will take place today at
HHS. Ripcho Studio will be here at the start of school on 10/23 for a
short time to photograph those who did not have their pictures taken. If
you did not like the pictures you ordered from the first time please
bring those with you to turn in. Extra order forms are available in the
high school office.
3. A representative from the Marines will be here during lunches today. Stop by their table if interested.
4. Bowling tryouts and sign up will be held at
Riverview Lanes on Nov. 5th at 4:30pm. Please remember to bring all of
your bowling equipment to the tryouts.
There will be a parents meeting immediately after the
tryouts to go over rules and for coaches to speak with the parents. 5. Community service opportunities: Admiral's Pointe is in need of volunteers for our Annual Trick or
Treat/Haunted House. This year it will be on Tuesday, October 30,
beginning at 6:30pm. If interested, please contact Lisa Hudson @
419-433-4990. At least 15 students are needed.
St. Peter School 5K Spooktacular and Kids Pumpkin Fun Run is
looking for volunteers for the October 27, 2018 race. If you are
interested in volunteering on the course or before or after the races,
please contact Mary James or Angie Edwards. Contact information is in
6. If you missed sign-ups Monday for Huron Ski Club, forms are available in the high school office. Whether
you're a skier or a snowboarder, beginner or advanced, Ski Club is the
highest discounted program available. This is not a school sponsored
program, so transportation to Brandywine is not provided. All
registration is done online. Any questions, please contact Julie
7. Basketball cheer tryouts will be held November 5th through November 7th at Woodlands school from 4:15pm to 5:45pm. Forms will be
available on Tuesday, October 30th in the office.
8. On Tuesday, October 30th, there will be a representative from Sheet Metal
Workers Local 33 coming to talk about the sheet metal trade and
apprenticeship opportunities. If you are going into the workforce after
graduation you may want to attend. There will be a sign up sheet in the
office. Contact Mrs. Sadowski if you have any questions.
Students can sign up through Naviance to meet with any of the following
admissions representatives who will be visiting HHS:
Cleveland State University today, 10/23 @ 8am
Capital University Thursday, 10/25/18 @ 8:30am
University of Dayton Thursday, 10/25 @ 1:45pm
Wright State University Friday, 11/2 @ 9:00am
10. Lunch today is a bacon cheeseburger or a chicken wrap.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES