October 26, 2018
1. 7th and 8th grade girls interested in playing basketball: Tryouts will be on October 29th and 30th from 3:00-4:30.
2. 7th and 8th grade boys interested in playing basketball: Tryouts will begin November 5th. See Mr. James if you have questions.
3. McCormick Jr. Honor Society and Power of the Pen present: The Frightmare on Ohio Street Dance TODAY from 2:40 - 4:30. Come in costume and dance off the end of the First Quarter. Have some Halloween treats for refreshments, and get your weekend started with a HOWL. Tickets will be sold for $5.00 today at lunch. Come in costume for the whole day and be part of the fun. Student Council is awarding Prizes for creative, funny, scary and other categories of costumes. No face masks, no body paint, no weapon-y looking things, and school appropriateness is always the right way to go.
4. Honor Society and Power of the Pen members:
Two things to remember: First, sign up for work assignments for Friday's Dance in the office or else Mrs. Aber will assign it for you. Second: Don't forget to bring in 1 gallon of cider, lemonade or punch, and 2 dozen nut-free cookies or treats for the dance
5. Selling tickets today during 8th grade lunch today are Jessi Holsapple, Allie Blevins, and Riley Martin. Ticket sellers during 7th grade lunch are Ciara Burris, Jadyn Towns, and Andrea Schwartz.
6. Basketball cheer tryouts will be held November 5th through November 7th at Woodlands school from 6:00pm until 7:30pm. Forms are available in the office.
7. McCormick Junior High Fall Fundraiser: This fundraiser is to raise money for field trips, classroom needs, student events and more!! REMINDER that order forms and money are due at the end of the sale – Tuesday, October 30th.
8. Today marks the end of the first quarter. Please make sure fees are paid, overdue library books are returned, uniforms are returned, lunch charges are paid, etc., so that your grade card is not withheld.
9. Mrs. James has extended the time to turn in Scholastic book orders through today to be included in the October order. Orders may also be placed online. Order forms and online information can be picked up in Mrs. James's room.
10. Any student interested in running the St. Peter 5K Spooktacular can still sign up on race day, Saturday, October 27th. Registration information can be picked up in Mrs. James's room.