Huron High School
Announcements - Thursday, 10/18/18
1. Girls basketball: There will be a short mandatory meeting after school today in the cafeteria. Any questions see Coach Lobsinger.
2. Any senior who is 17 years of age, would like to be an election
poll worker and earn $115.00 on Nov. 6 see Mr. Schaefer in room 210 for
3. Attention all Dual enrollment CCP students: If you missed Tuesday's meeting with Erin House, please stop by the counseling office for important dates and information.
4. Our very own Teen Leadership Corp class is participating in a
nationwide fundraiser known as SOCK-TOBER to collect NEW packaged socks
for the less fortunate. Giving something as simple as a pair of socks
can change someones day. The first period class who collects the most
will receive a donut party.
5. Any boy interested in playing basketball this year there will be a brief meeting after school on Monday, 10/22, in room 207.
6. Are you interested in expanding your horizons by studying abroad? The
U.S. Department of State offers merit-based scholarships for American
high school students to study abroad from three weeks to an academic
year. Visit https://exchanges.state.gov/highschool/ to learn more.
up for Huron Ski Club will be on Monday, 10/22, during lunch. Whether
you are a beginner or advanced, lessons are included in this highly
discounted price. Learn to ski or snowboard. Equipment rental is
included too. For more information on Huron Ski Club, see Mrs. Parell,
Monday, 10/22, during lunch.
8. Picture retakes
for grades 9 through 11 will take place on Tuesday, October 23rd, at
HHS. Ripcho Studio will be here at the start of school on 10/23 for a
short time to photograph those who did not have their pictures taken. If
you did not like the pictures you ordered from the first time please
bring those with you to turn in. Extra order forms are available in the
high school office.
9. Attention CCP students: On Tuesday, October 30th, CCP advisors will be here to meet with ALL students wishing to take ONLINE
courses in the Spring. Students must sign up in the Counseling
office. Students planning to take courses on BGSU Firelands campus may
also sign up to meet with advisors here or schedule on their own with an
advisor on campus.
10. St. Peter School 5K Spooktacular and Kids Pumpkin Fun Run is
looking for volunteers for the October 27, 2018 race. If you are
interested in volunteering on the course or before or after the races,
please contact Mary James or Angie Edwards. Contact information is in
Students can sign up through Naviance to meet with any of the following
admissions representatives who will be visiting HHS:
Heidelberg, University Monday, 10/22/18, 1:00pm
Cleveland State University Tuesday, 10/23 @ 8am
Capital University Thursday, 10/25/18 @ 8:30am
University of Dayton Thursday, 10/25 @ 1:45pm
Wright State University Friday, 11/2 @ 9:00am
12. Lunch today is a toasted Italian sub or pizza sub.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES