1. All students are reminded to turn in the paperwork that was mailed home: emergency medical, acceptable use policy/photo release, and handbook signature forms. 7th grade – vaccination records need to be turned in.
2. National Junior Honor Society Members: If you want to run for an officer position, please write your first and last name and the position you are running for on a piece of paper and give it to Mrs. Aber by the end of the day today. Dance Posters - If you volunteered to make a poster to advertise the dance, please have them completed today so we can post them around the school.
3. Attention Student Council Members: We will have our first meeting today during 8th grade lunch. 8th graders, let Mr. James and Mr. Haplea know you have a meeting in order to get through the lunch line first, and then bring your lunch to room 207. 7th graders, let your homeroom teacher know you are in student council, and sign out before coming to room 207. All members are expected to attend.
4. 7th and 8th grade academic challenge members, our first practice will be Wednesday, Aug. 30, from 2:45-3:30 in room 207. All are expected to attend. Please see Mrs. Rowen if you have any questions.
5. The Huron Public Library Staff want to wish you a great school year. Come to the Library with a parent and get your free library card to kick the year off on the right foot. September is National Library Card Sign up Month.
Craft Corner at the Huron Public Library is Thursday, September 14 at 4:30 pm. This fall we will be having fun with creative drawing techniques! Registration required.
Teen Library Council at the Huron Public Library is a group of 7th- 12th graders who care about their library. Join them as they design programs for teens, assist in book/movie selections, and run programs for younger kids. After-hours and special TLC events happen all year too! Community Service hours awarded for attendance and volunteer participation. Fill out an application today- call for more information. Next meeting: Friday, September 15 at 3 pm.