HURON HIGH SCHOOL
1. Attention Juniors: If you or your parent were unable to attend the
meeting last night and are still planning on going on the class trip,
please stop by Mr. Schaeffer's room for the missed information.
ANNOUNCEMENTS - THURSDAY, 10/5/17
Any student who will be 18 by November 7 and wants to vote should pick
up a Voter Registration form in room 206. All forms are due back to
Mrs. Merckens by this Friday,
3. The Superintendent Student Cabinet will meet Friday at 12:00 - 12:45 in room 107.
4. Starting after school on Monday, October 9th,
Mrs, Bengele will be hosting the first Den Time club meeting. Den Time
is an opportunity to spend time engaging in fun, stress-reducing
activities throughout the year. Please see Mrs. Bengele for information
and required forms.
5. The Elks Student of the Month scholarship applications are
available in the Guidance office for seniors. If selected as a student
of the month, you will not only be entered into the local scholarship
competition but also have your bio in the Sandusky Register and be
invited to a scholarship dinner in May.
6. Presale tickets for Friday's home football game vs Oak Harbor are on sale in the high school office. The cost is $5.
7. ATTENTION BAND MEMBERS: We need you to cheer us on! If you are planning on going to the Robot Competition on Oct 28th in BGSU, please get your permission slip in ASAP.
8. New scholarship added to Naviance:
The ACT Student Champion Award -
recognizes one student in each state who is tenacious and persistent,
no matter the challenge, and is prepared for life after high school with
a goal in mind and plan in place. DEADLINE DECEMBER 31, 2017.
9. Reminder to Sophomores and Juniors - The PSAT is scheduled for Wednesday, October 11th, and the cost is $15.00. Please bring payments to Mrs. Smith in the Guidance office and pick up a study booklet. Deadline is October 10, 2017.
10. Serving our Seniors is in need of help from 8 students for a “clean up” committee on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017, 11:00 a.m. at Lyman Harbor 1615 First Street – Sandusky. See Mrs. Bengele with any questions.
11. On Saturday, October 28, St. Peter School is hosting the 3rd annual Spooktacular 5K and Kids
Pumpkin Fun Run. All runners and walkers are welcome. Costumes are
encouraged. There will be lots of food and prizes after the race.
Please pick up a registration form in the Huron High School office or
register online through October 10 to be guaranteed a race shirt.
12. Attention students, if you are planning to take an online class or a class at Firelands College Spring 2018, you need to stop into the Guidance office to sign up for advising appointments. These will be held on Monday, October 30, 2017.
13. 2017 Pumpkin Festival will be Saturday, Oct. 14th at the Huron Boat Basin. Volunteers are needed to help children with games and pumpkin painting. Pick up volunteer forms in the main office and mail or drop off completed applications to the address provided.
The following colleges/universities will be visiting Huron High School.
If you would like to meet with their representative - you must sign up
Today University of Mount Union 9:00 a.m.Oct. 16th Capital University 8:00 a.m.
Oct. 9th Ohio Wesleyan University 9:00am
Oct 10th Miami University 2:00 pm
Oct. 17th University of Cincinnati 8:30am
Oct. 18th The Ohio State University 1:00pm