Huron High School
Announcements - Thursday, 3/15/18
1. Attention all students planning on taking a CCP course at Firelands or
online next year: Please sign up for an advising appointment in the
Counseling Office for when the BG advisors come to HHS on March 27.
2. Honor cord lists are now posted in the Counseling Office. Seniors, you have until Friday, March 16 at 2:40pm to verify. Please see Mrs. Fahr if you have any questions!
3. Students that are attending the March 20 Job Shadow Day, please return the field trip forms to Mrs. Bengele by Friday.
Art Shoppes will be visiting during lunch periods today. They are looking for enthusiastic students interested in filling
positions in photography, artists, team lead supervisor and cashiers
inside of Cedar Point. Stop by their table during lunch for more
5. New scholarship for Seniors:
Bikers Against Abused & Neglected Children Scholarship -
Awarded to applicants that have been in an abused or neglected situation
or going to school to study in area that will help children who may
have been abused and/or neglected. Paper applications can be found outside of the HHS Counseling office. Send completed applications to the address provided.DEADLINE MAY 13, 2018
August & Arlene Miller Memorial 4-H Scholarship - Scholarship
award available to current members of the Erie County 4-H program.
Paper applications can be found outside the HHS Counseling office. Send
application to the address provided. DEADLINE APRIL 30, 2018
Attention all Seniors in good standing: The Erie County Board of
Elections is inviting students to apply to work the polls on Tuesday, May 8. Please see Mrs. Merckens for an application. All forms are due back to room 206 by Tuesday, March 20.
7. From the Huron Public Library: St. Patrick's Day Chess Tournament this Saturday, March 17 from 9 am - 5 pm at
the Huron Public Library. There is still time to register! First place
trophies will be awarded, along with ribbons for second and third
two divisions: middle school (grades 5 - 8) and high school (grades 9 -
12). Entry fee: $1. Food provided.
Cinderella’s Closet Dress Drive
Help make dreams come true by donating new or gently used prom, homecoming, and bridesmaid's dresses and accessories to Cinderella’s Closet in Sandusky. Items should be less than 3 years old and in excellent condition. Visit the Library website for more details.
Drop off at the Library: Saturday, March 17 from 1 - 3 pm
8. Applications for the Academic Letter are now available in the high
school office. A student must be a sophomore, junior or senior with a
3.6 accumulative GPA to apply. Please return the form back to the high
school office by March 30.
TLC is collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald House in order to
raise money for childhood cancer. Please help us out by collecting pop
tabs and dropping them off in the office or in Mrs. Bender's room before
April 13th. Thank you for your efforts!
10. Lunch today is mini corn dogs.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES