Huron High School
Announcements - Tuesday, 2/13/18
1. The Student Union will be closed periods 1-3 today. Juniors and Seniors you are to remain in study hall please.
2. Seniors Thursday, February 15th, is the deadline to apply for Honor Cords as well as verify the Top
10%, Honors Diploma and Diploma of Distinction lists that are posted in
the Counseling office. See Mrs Fahr with any questions.
3. The Herb Guild Garden Club - Scholarship award available to high
school seniors pursuing post-secondary education in Forestry, Botany,
Horticulture, Environmental Science, Agriculture, Landscaping, or
Culinary Arts. Applications are available outside the HHS Counseling
office and are to be submitted to The Herb Guild Garden Club. DEADLINE APRIL 3, 2018
Firelands Area Runners Club Scholarship - Scholarship awards
available to one senior female and male runner in good standing and in
the process of applying to a college academic program. Must demonstrate
an interest and commitment to distance running. Paper applications can be found outside the Counseling Office but must be returned to the address provided on the form.DEADLINE APRIL 1, 2018
4. Auditions for this year's Spring musical, "The Sound of Music" will be held on Tuesday, February 20th and Wednesday, February 21st.
Audition packets and information are available in the office or the
choir room. Sign up sheets for audition times will be in the choir room.
If you have any questions please see Miss Jackson.
5. Attention all Juniors going on the class trip: The last payment is due this
week. If you need to know your remaining balance, please see Mr.
6. Senior girls - Nurse Janis is organizing a free self-defense class
in cooperation with Huron Police. A sign-up sheet is in the main office
if you are interested.
7. Cedar Point's open house is Sunday, March 4, from 2-5 pm at Castaway Bay where they will be offering on-site interviews and job offers.
8. Lunch today is a pizza sub or meatball sub.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES Girls Varsity Basketball vs Norwalk St. Paul 6:00pm