Huron High School
Announcements - Tuesday, 5/01/18
The Student Union will be closed today, tomorrow and Wednesday this
week. Study hall students please report to the cafeteria.
2. Join concerned citizens at the Huron Public Library tonight for the Opioid Crisis Panel discussion, featuring top regional health and public safety personnel. The program begins at 6:30 in Basement Room A.
3. All SENIOR couples that are attending prom, sign-ups for prom king and queen will be available in the office through Friday, May 5th.
4. Huron High School will be having a 2-hour delay this Wednesday (5/2) for students NOT
taking Biology. Students must arrive
to the test on time. Students will not be allowed to enter the testing
room late. Buses will run at normal times. Students arriving before 9:25 will be asked to wait in the cafeteria and the gym.
5. Petitions for class officer and student council representatives are available in the high school office.
6. There will be a short meeting Wednesday evening (5/2/18) at 7:00
in the High School cafeteria for anyone interested in swimming for the
Junior High or High School next year. The meeting will begin at 7:00
and last approximately 30 minutes. We will discuss summer swimming
programs and update everyone on our practice facility for next year.
Hope to see you there.
7. Students currently in grades 9-12 are invited to participate in YES, a 4-day 3-night service retreat June 6-9, in which students paint houses for families in need in Huron and Sandusky. Cost is $50. The registration deadline is May 14th. Registration forms are available in the high school office.
8. Attention all students who are taking a CCP class next year who are not
already CCP students: You must apply to BGSU Firelands and or UF as a
CCP student and also take the Accuplacer test if you have not already done so.
Please see Mrs. Fahr if you have any questions! 9. Attention students and staff who haven't already ordered a 2017-2018 yearbook. The deadline to order a yearbook is Friday, May 18. Either order one online by visiting jostensyearbooks.com, or bring a check in to Mrs. Lee, made out to Huron High School, for $65.
10. On June 10th
at Fabens Park in Huron, KICK*IT, a fundraiser to benefit children's
cancer research will take place. All ages are welcome and encouraged to
play. Kickball games are played from 1-5pm. Flyers can be found in the office to help with registrations or making a donation.
11. All students who applied for the Sandusky Elks Student of the Month are invited to their annual dinner Tuesday, May 8th at 6:30 p.m.,
where two scholarship awards will be announced. Student tickets are
free and additional tickets are $8.00 each. Checks need to be made out
to the Sandusky Elks. Please see Mrs. Smith in the counseling office for tickets.
12. Attention all registered voters: Primary Election Day is next Tuesday,
May 8. Registered 17-Year-Olds vote for candidates only, but
18-Year-Olds vote for Candidates and Issues. Decide what party you will
declare and prepare to vote!
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
13. Lunch today is a burrito bowl or burrito wrap.