March 11, 2019
1. Perkins Briar Middle School is hosting their 2nd Chess Tournament Saturday, March 16th. Doors open at 8:30am for registration. All area chess players in grades 3 through 12 are invited.
2. At the Huron Public Library:
Game Night is at the Library again on Tuesday, March 12 beginning at 6 pm. This session features the games Dino Dice and Get Bit!
As math aficionados may know, Pi Day is coming up on March 14th! To celebrate, the Library will be giving away prizes and sharing some pizza pie! Stop by after school at 3 pm on Thursday, March 14th for some food and fun.
3. Are you and your parents taking extra time off during Spring Break? A vacation form needs to be submitted to the office prior to the absence so that Mr. Carter can approve the absence.
4. Cheer tryouts for football will be held today through Wednesday in the Huron High School gymnasium. Tryout packets are available in the office. All forms must be completed prior to first day of tryouts.
5. Student Council will be hosting a St. Patrick's Day Dance on Friday, March 15 from 2:40-4:30. Tickets are $5 and will be sold at both lunches on Wednesday, March 13 - Friday, March 15.
6. TLC needs your help collecting the tab on the top of cans. When collected, they will go to the Ronald McDonald houses of Akron and Cleveland to support all that they do for families of sick children in the hospital. A pizza party prize will be awarded to the winning classroom of the March Madness Pop Tab Collection, so make sure to bring in as many as you can! Thank you in advance from TLC!
7. STEAM club meetings this month will be Wednesday, March 13th and Wednesday, March 20th from 2:45-4:15.
8. STEAM club is collecting large clear containers, such as pickle jars or cheese ball containers, or any other large plastic or glass clear container. You can drop them off in Mr. Haplea’s room.
9. Reminder to 7th grade students: Field trip permission slips, waivers, and payment are due by March 22nd.
10. Huron Parks & Recreation is seeking student volunteer counselors for the 2019 Safety Town program. Students must have completed 6th grade before Safety Town begins (June 10th). If students are interested, they should complete and return the application (if possible, before Spring Break). Applications are available in the office.
11. The Huron Tiger Core Value of the month of March is: Optimism
Choose to be optimistic, it feels better. – Dalai Lama