March 13, 2019
1. Perkins Briar Middle School is hosting their 2nd Chess Tournament Saturday, March 16th. Doors open at 8:30am for registration. All area chess players in grades 3 through 12 are invited.
2. At the Huron Public Library:
Pi Day is coming up on March 14th! To celebrate, the Library will be giving away prizes and sharing some pizza pie! Stop by after school at 3 pm on Thursday, March 14th for some food and fun.
3. Are you and your parents taking extra time off during Spring Break? A vacation form needs to be submitted to the office prior to the absence so that Mr. Carter can approve the absence.
4. Student Council will be hosting a St. Patrick's Day Dance on Friday, March 15th from 2:40-4:30. Tickets are $5 and will be sold at both lunches today through Friday.
8th grade ticket sellers today are Jessica Holsapple and Bella Ray. 7th grade ticket sellers are Lili Wild, Kayla Weyer and Drew Eck.
5. Student Council members - remember to drop off your snacks for the dance to Mrs. Rowen by Friday. Students with last names A-Q need to bring 2 dozen nut free cookies and 1 gallon of punch, and students with last names R - Z need to bring 2 dozen nut free cookies and 1 gallon of water.
6. TLC needs your help collecting the tab on the top of cans this month. When collected, they will go to the Ronald McDonald houses of Akron and Cleveland to support all that they do for families of sick children in the hospital. A pizza party prize will be awarded to the winning classroom of the March Madness Pop Tab Collection, so make sure to bring in as many as you can! Thank you in advance from TLC!
7. STEAM club will meet TODAY in Mrs. LaCrosses’s room from 2:45-4:15. There will also be a meeting Wednesday, March 20th from 2:45-4:15. All are welcome.
8. A special Drone Racing Club meeting will be held TODAY from 4:15-5:15 in Mrs. James room. The race equipment has arrived and is ready to be built! Drone racing practice and skills training will be Thursday in Mrs. James room from 4:15-6:00. Join us for all, or part of the time.
9. Attention ALL current 8th grade members of the Junior Honor Society:
Please stop at Mrs. Aber's room after school today to sign-up for new members to induct. There is a list and forms to use to interview your 2-3 inductees. Even if you told me you cannot be at the induction, you must interview and write up inductions for someone else to read for you that evening.
10. STEAM club is collecting large clear containers, such as pickle jars or cheese ball containers, or any other large plastic or glass clear container. You can drop them off in Mr. Haplea’s room.
11. Reminder to 7th grade students: Field trip permission slips, waivers, and payment are due by Friday, March 22nd.
12. Huron Parks & Recreation is seeking student volunteer counselors for the 2019 Safety Town program. Students must have completed 6th grade before Safety Town begins (June 10th). If students are interested, they should complete and return the application (if possible, before Spring Break). Applications are available in the office.
13. The Huron Tiger Core Value of the month of March is: Optimism
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill