March 14, 2019
1. Perkins Briar Middle School is hosting their 2nd Chess Tournament Saturday, March 16th. Doors open at 8:30am for registration. All area chess players in grades 3 through 12 are invited.
2. At the Huron Public Library:
Today is Pi Day! To celebrate, the Library will be giving away prizes and sharing some pizza pie! Stop by after school at 3pm today for some food and fun.
3. Are you and your parents taking extra time off during Spring Break? A vacation form needs to be submitted to the office prior to the absence so that Mr. Carter can approve the absence.
4. Student Council will be hosting a St. Patrick's Day Dance on Friday, March 15th from 2:40-4:30. Tickets are $5 and will be sold at both lunches today through Friday.
8th grade ticket sellers today are Allie Blevins, Joslyn Harrington, and Mia Hurst. 7th grade ticket sellers are Kate Seibel, Casey Brown, and Lucy Watson.
5. Student Council members - remember to drop off your snacks for the dance to Mrs. Rowen by Friday. Students with last names A-Q need to bring 2 dozen nut free cookies and 1 gallon of punch, and students with last names R - Z need to bring 2 dozen nut free cookies and 1 gallon of water.
6. TLC needs your help collecting the tab on the top of cans this month. When collected, they will go to the Ronald McDonald houses of Akron and Cleveland to support all that they do for families of sick children in the hospital. A pizza party prize will be awarded to the winning classroom of the March Madness Pop Tab Collection, so make sure to bring in as many as you can! Thank you in advance from TLC!
7. STEAM club will meet Wednesday, March 20th from 2:45-4:15. All are welcome.
8. Drone racing practice and skills training will be today in Mrs. James room from 4:15-6:00. Join us for all, or part of the time.
9. All current 8th grade McCormick Junior Honor Society members must go to Mrs. Aber’s room right after the announcements today. Those members attending the High School for math must go to Mrs. Aber’s room upon arrival to McCormick.
10. There will be an informational meeting for any 8th grade boy who is interested in playing for the high school soccer team next year in the cafeteria after school next Thursday. If you cannot make it and still plan on playing next year either contact Coach Asher or Coach Sellers.
11. STEAM club is collecting large clear containers, such as pickle jars or cheese ball containers, or any other large plastic or glass clear container. You can drop them off in Mr. Haplea’s room.
12. Reminder to 7th grade students: Field trip permission slips, waivers, and payment are due by Friday, March 22nd.
13. Huron Parks & Recreation is seeking student volunteer counselors for the 2019 Safety Town program. Students must have completed 6th grade before Safety Town begins (June 10th). If students are interested, they should complete and return the application (if possible, before Spring Break). Applications are available in the office.
14. The Huron Tiger Core Value of the month of March is: Optimism