Huron High School
Announcements - Wednesday, 2/2019
1. Reminder to ALL Juniors - The ACT will be administered at
Firelands College today. Students will be transported from HHS
at 7:25 a.m. and return to HHS around 11:30 a.m., at which time they are
excused for the day.
will be an informational meeting in the Tiger Union immediately after
school today for anyone planning on signing up for boys/girls track.
3. Parent-Teacher conferences will be held Thursday, 2/21, (3-7pm) at HHS. Please have your parents call the
school to schedule.
4. The US Marines will be here during lunch periods today.
5. Attention Seniors: Be sure to select scholarship applications in
Naviance and read the instructions in Naviance in regards to where
applications are to be sent. Reminder: scholarship deadline is March 1st
at 9:25 a.m. at HHS and also March 1st when sending direct to donor.
6. Community Service Opportunity: The Helping Hand Food Pantry is looking for volunteers
to work on Saturday mornings. Please contact Rev. John at 419-366-0524. 7. The Huron Public Library will be hosting Euchre Night tonight at 6:30 pm. Please feel free to call or visit the Library website for more details.
8. The National Honor Society will be hosting a blood drive on Thursday, February 28th from 8 a.m-1 p.m. in the High School Gymnasium. Sign ups to donate will be during lunch starting on February 21st. You must be 16 or older to donate and all 16 year olds must turn in a parental consent form. Make sure to bring a form of ID the day of the blood drive. There is an emergency level blood shortage across the United States and each donation can help save 3 lives. The National Honor Society hopes to see you at the blood drive on February 28th!
9. Lunch today is a burrito bowl or burrito wrap.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES