1. Perkins Briar Middle School is hosting their 2nd Chess Tournament Saturday, March 16th. Doors open at 8:30am for registration. All area chess players in grades 3 through 12 are invited.
2. At the Huron Public Library: March 18th from 6:pm-7:30pm and March 24th from 1pm-4pm - All ages and abilities are welcome to join local chess enthusiast Paul Sherwood who is available as instructor or competitor. Come for fun or to improve your game. No registration required.
Interested in playing some games? The Huron Public Library has some great options for you. The Library will be hosting a Chess Tournament on Saturday, March 9. For more details, visit the HPL website. Tonight, is Game Night at the Library. This session features the game Unstable Unicorns and play begins at 6 pm.
Friday, March 8 is the first meeting of the Teen Library Council for the Spring Quarter. If you are in 7th through 12th grade, and you have great ideas, join this group that meets monthly to discuss materials, programs, and new ideas for teens at the Library!
As always, if you are interested in joining a book group for your grade, please visit huronlibrary.org or speak with a friendly Librarian today!
3. Are you and your parents taking extra time off during Spring Break? A vacation form needs to be submitted to the office prior to the absence so that Mr. Carter can approve the absence.
4. Tomorrow, the cafeteria will be offering something new and exciting. Fresh, hot Domino's pizza. Come and enjoy a slice or two for lunch.
5. There will be a parent informational meeting for all those interested in cheer tryouts on Thursday, March 7th at 7pm in the Tiger Union at the high school. If you are unable to attend the 7pm meeting there will also be a meeting at 8pm. This meeting is for parents of interested cheer candidates.
6. Football cheer tryouts will be held March 11th – 13th in the Huron High School gymnasium. Tryout packets are available in the office. All forms must be completed prior to first day of tryouts.
7. A reminder to all those who want to participate in track. Please get your information into Mrs. Brown or Mr. Sellers by TOMORROW. Practice will start TOMORROW after school.
8. 8th grade students: Your SIGNED Course Registration sheets are due TODAY.
9. This Friday, Judy Hoty, Recreation and Tourism at Kalahari Resorts, will be our future Friday’s presenter. Students are reminded to wait to be called down to the auditorium
10. McCormick Students, TLC needs your help! Do you or your family drink pop or any other drink from a can? If so, great! We are collecting the tab on the top of those cans. When collected, they will go to the Ronald McDonald houses of Akron and Cleveland to support all that they do for families of sick children in the hospital. A prize will be awarded to the winning classroom of the March Madness Pop Tab Collection, so make sure to bring in as many as you can! Thank you in advance from TLC!
11. All girls that have signed up for Smiles for Miles will meet today during your study hall. An announcement will be made calling girls down to the auditorium. If you did not complete a form with your parent’s signature, you can still come for the first session. Any other questions please ask the office.
12. Student Council will meet today during 8th grade lunch in Mrs. Rowen’s room.
13. The Huron Tiger Core Value of the month of March is: Optimism
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank