1. Are you and your parents taking extra days off at Christmas break? A vacation form needs to be submitted to the office prior to the absence so that Mr. Carter can approve the absence.
2. Reminder to students going to the Library, Gathering Grounds, or other destinations after school: Please be respectful of our neighbors and DO NOT cut through yards. Please use the sidewalks and go around the block.
3. The lost and found – which is located outside the cafeteria on the library side – is overflowing. Please check for any items you may be missing such as clothing, shoes, books, lunch boxes, etc. Any items remaining in the lost and found at the end of the week will be donated to Goodwill.
4. Help us spread happiness this Christmas by being a part of Project Happy-Christmas. We are asking that you join us in purchasing, filling and wrapping one shoebox for children in Erie County. Return it to the school office or one of the drop spots listed on the flyer. Shoeboxes are due by December 15th.
5. Today, Tom Litz, Automotive Mechanic, will be here for our Future Friday’s presentation during study halls. Please check in with homerooms and wait for the announcement to be called down to the auditorium.
6. Power of the Pen will meet today from 2:45 - 3:30. We are in need of more 7th grade writers; really hoping some 7th grade story writers will show up this week.
7. The Huron Public Library Open House is this Saturday, December 2 from 2 - 4 pm, with performances by Magician Jack Grady, the Old Mill Brass Quintet, and the HHS Troubadours. Refreshments, a family craft, face painting and a visit with Santa are all part of the fun. Everyone is invited.
8. The Teen Library Council "Fun, Food and Friendship" party will be Friday, December 8 at the regular meeting time, 3 pm, and last until 4:30 pm. Members are encouraged to bring a friend, and a seasonal snack to share (which may be dropped off the night before.) Bring a gift for the Secret Santa tree if you (and/or your friend) would like to receive a gift (suggested $10 value.)
9. The Tiger swimming teams traveled to Oak Harbor yesterday and the boys and girls both came away with convincing wins over the Rockets. The girls team evened their record 3-3 while the boys team stands undefeated at 6-0. Top performers for Huron were: Maxine Springer, Emily Franks, Kennedy Schlessman, Kennedy Masterson, Lauren Schindley, Kelsey Obergefell, Emily Holtz, Granthem Brown, Joey Lenczyk, Jared Lenczyk, Will Parcher, Lukas Boseneilers, Andy Wostmann, Bryan Zimmermann and Danny Demos.