HURON HIGH SCHOOL
1. Congratulations to the girls and boys cross country teams who both
advanced to regional competition. The girls took second in the district
meet and the boys took fourth on Saturday.
Grace Moser was the district champion in the girls race and the top
finisher for the boys was Nathan Pack, who placed 13th. Good luck to
both teams as they race this Saturday for a state birth.
ANNOUNCEMENTS - MONDAY, 10/23/17
2. There will be a brief meeting Tuesday the 24th @ 230pm in the high school cafeteria to discuss Baywinds memberships for boys and girls players.
3. Den Time will be meeting today in the cafeteria to carve pumpkins.
retakes for underclassmen have been scheduled for Tuesday (10/24)
beginning at 7:25am. Extra forms are available in the office if
you plan on placing an order. If you are turning in pictures you did
not like - please bring those with you as well. Online ordering will NOT be available on retake day.
Reminder to Sophomores: Your EHOVE field trip permission forms are due today! Please turn those in to Mrs. Smith in the Guidance office.
6. Community service opportunities:
On Thursday, October 26th,
Admirals Pointe will be having their Annual Trick or Treat & Haunted
House. Volunteers are needed to help with candy, games, refreshments. If
you need community service
hours please contact Lisa Hudson @ 419-433-4990. Leave message on voicemail. Please plan on staying from 6:00pm until 8:30pm.
Krupp at Shawnee School is in need of two students to take recycling
paper, bottle.cans, etc to their dumpster, twice a week. Please see Mr.
Kucbel, principal, at Shawnee school if interested.
Attention Students looking to earn community service hours: Woodlands
Elementary School is looking for volunteers to help shelve books in the library. If interested, please call the Woodlands office at 419-433-1234, ext 3000.
7. Attention any student interested in joining S.P.A.R.K. which stands for
Students Preventing Abuse & Raising Knowledge - applications are
available in the Counseling Office. This organization is a youth
coalition that has a mission to reduce the number of Erie County youth
and adults who are involved in substance abuse and other high risk
8. Attention students, if you are planning to take an online class or a class at Firelands College Spring 2018, you need to stop into the Guidance office to sign up for advising appointments. These will be held on Monday, October 30, 2017.
9. The Elks Student of the Month scholarship applications are available in the Guidance office for seniors. If selected as a student of the month, you will not only be entered into the local scholarship competition but also have your bio in the Sandusky Register and be invited to a scholarship dinner in May.
High school cheer tryouts will be held at Woodlands on Monday, October
30th through Wednesday, November 1st. Please pick up the tryout packet
in the high school office. All paperwork must be completed and turned
in the first day of tryouts.
11. On Saturday, October 28, St. Peter School is hosting the 3rd annual Spooktacular 5K and Kids
Pumpkin Fun Run. All runners and walkers are welcome. Costumes are
encouraged. There will be lots of food and prizes after the race.
Please pick up a registration form in the Huron High School office or
register online through October 10 to be guaranteed a race shirt. 12.
The following colleges/universities will be visiting Huron High School.
If you would like to meet with their representative - you must sign up