HURON HIGH SCHOOL
Attention Students looking to earn community service hours: Woodlands
Elementary School is looking for volunteers to help shelve books in the library. If interested, please call the Woodlands office at 419-433-1234, ext 3000.
ANNOUNCEMENTS - THURSDAY, 10/19/17
Presale tickets for Friday nights home football game vs Port Clinton
are on sale in the high school office. Tickets are $5 in advance.
3. Community service opportunities:
On October 26th,
Admirals Pointe will be having their Annual Trick or Treat & Haunted
House. Volunteers are needed to help with candy, games, refreshments. If
you need community service
hours please contact Lisa Hudson @ 419-433-4990. Leave message on voicemail. Please plan on staying from 6:00pm until 8:30pm.
Krupp at Shawnee School is in need of two students to take recycling
paper, bottle.cans, etc to their dumpster, twice a week. Please see Mr.
Kucbel, principal, at Shawnee school if interested.
4. Reminder to Sophomores: Please turn in your EHOVE field trip permission forms scheduled for Tuesday, November 7th from 9:00-1:30 p.m. to Mrs. Smith in the Counseling office no later than Oct. 23rd.
5. Attention any student interested in joining S.P.A.R.K. which stands for
Students Preventing Abuse & Raising Knowledge - applications are
available in the Counseling Office. This organization is a youth
coalition that has a mission to reduce the number of Erie County youth
and adults who are involved in substance abuse and other high risk
retakes for underclassmen have been scheduled for Tuesday, October
24th, beginning at 7:25am. Extra forms are available in the office if
you plan on placing an order. If you are turning in pictures you did
not like - please bring those with you as well. Online ordering will NOT be available on retake day.
7. Attention students, if you are planning to take an online class or a class at Firelands College Spring 2018, you need to stop into the Guidance office to sign up for advising appointments. These will be held on Monday, October 30, 2017.
8. The Elks Student of the Month scholarship applications are available in the Guidance office for seniors. If selected as a student of the month, you will not only be entered into the local scholarship competition but also have your bio in the Sandusky Register and be invited to a scholarship dinner in May.
GE-REAGAN FOUNDATION Scholarship Program - Scholarships
available to high school seniors who demonstrate exceptional
leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship. More information can be
found by visiting their website listed on Naviance. DEADLINE JANUARY 4, 2018
9. The Teen Library Council at the Huron Public Library will meet this Friday, October 20, starting around 3 PM.
On the agenda will be Winter programming, after-hours event planning
and Minute-to-Win It games! New members are always welcome. We
you arrive late due to school dismissal, etc.
10. Den Time will be meeting Monday in the cafeteria to carve pumpkins.
High school cheer tryouts will be held at Woodlands on Monday, October
30th through Wednesday, November 1st. Please pick up the tryout packet
in the high school office. All paperwork must be completed and turned
in the first day of tryouts.
12. On Saturday, October 28, St. Peter School is hosting the 3rd annual Spooktacular 5K and Kids
Pumpkin Fun Run. All runners and walkers are welcome. Costumes are
encouraged. There will be lots of food and prizes after the race.
Please pick up a registration form in the Huron High School office or
register online through October 10 to be guaranteed a race shirt. 13.
The following colleges/universities will be visiting Huron High School.
If you would like to meet with their representative - you must sign up
Today Ohio Northern University 8:30am
Oct 20th Ohio University 10:00am
Oct 27th University of Dayton 9:00am
Oct 27th University of Akron 12:45pm
Nov 6th Cleveland Institute of Art
Nov. 7th Terra State Community College at 9:00am
Nov 8th Navy 12:40pm
14. Lunch today is mini corn dogs.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Boys Soccer @ Edison 5pm