November 14, 2017
1. Friday, Benjamin Reid, Huron Public Library Director, will be here for our Future Friday’s presentation during study halls. Students are reminded to check in with homerooms and wait for the announcement to be called down to the auditorium.
2. Be a part of the one kind act movement at McCormick and in the city of Huron. Browse the one kind Act wall in the hallway across from the office. You can choose a card, replace it with a signed smile and change the world one kind Act at a time.
3. Are you and your parents taking extra days off at Thanksgiving or Christmas break? A vacation form needs to be submitted to the office prior to the absence so that Mr. Carter can approve the absence.
4. Reminder to students going to the Library, Gathering Grounds, or other destinations after school: Please be respectful of our neighbors and do not cut through yards. Please use the sidewalks and go around the block.
5. The lost and found – which is located outside the cafeteria on the library side – is overflowing. Please check for any items you may be missing such as clothing, shoes, books, lunch boxes, etc.
6. This Thursday, November 16th, from 6:30pm-8:30pm, McCormick Jr High is hosting Digital Empowerment for Parents. This program is for parents only and is designed to help your child make safe and healthy choices online.
7. This Thursday the lunch menu will be Shredded Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Salad, Breadstick and Dessert.