Huron High School
Announcements - Wednesday, 12/6/17
1. The results of the NHS canned food drive are finally in! The school collected 437 items for the Huron Food Pantry. Congrats to Miss Telenko’s 1st period class that has won the donut party, averaging over 5 cans per student. Thanks to everyone who contributed to help others in need during this holiday season!
2. Congratulations to the returning Model United Nations Club! The 36 students successfully represented their nations of Belgium, Costa Rica, Libya, Micronesia, Nigeria, and Saudi Arabia. Individual award winners were Jake Jordan who won trophies for Outstanding Leader and the World Problem Solving Contest, Ronnie Eytchison who won a trophy for the Current Events Contest, and Bridgette Winschel who was elected to serve as Council President at next year’s conference.
3. Attention CCP students taking Spring classes online or at the Firelands campus:
Please log into your MyBGSU account to access your Spring schedule,
click on "My Booklist" to print what books are required for your
classes. Please give this list to Mrs. Smith as soon as possible. Stop
by the counseling office with any questions.
4. Seniors - Lifetouch is here today from 7am-11am
to take your picture for the yearbook. Seniors who signed up for this
will be receiving a pass to go to the gym at your assigned time. Ehove
seniors may just head straight into the gym.
5. There will be a meeting today at 2:30pm
in room 104 for anyone interested in playing football next season. The meeting
will be short. Please see Coach Hohler if you have any questions.
6. On December 12th at 9:00am a recruiter from the US Army National Guard will be visiting. Please sign up through Naviance if you are interested.
7. From the Huron Public Library:
The Teen Library Council "Fun, Food and Friendship" party will be Friday, December 8 at the regular meeting time, 3 pm, and last until 4:30 pm. Members are encouraged to bring a friend, and a seasonal snack to share (which may be dropped off the night before.)
Bring a gift for the Secret Santa tree if you (and/or your friend) would like to receive a gift (suggested $10 value.)
8. New Scholarship added to Naviance:
The Ohio State University Alumni Club of Erie County is offering $1,000
scholarships to in-coming OSU Freshman. Please stop into the
Counseling office for applications. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JANUARY 31, 2018
U.S. Mensa Scholarship Competition - Multiple scholarships available. Log into Naviance for eligibility requirements and application information. Deadline January 15, 2018
9. Serving Our Seniors is looking for 2 choreographers to teach 5
firefighters and 5 law enforcement officers a SIMPLE dance routine. It
would require the students to hold practice 1 hour each Saturday, 9am – 10am, from January 1 through April 21 in the Sandusky or Perkins area. Please see Mrs. Bengele if interested.
skiers and snowboarders: There will be an information meeting Monday,
December 18th, in the cafeteria right after school. Deadline for
registration is the following day, December 19th. This program is
offered to beginners, as well as advanced skiers and snowboarders. Ski
Club is NOT a school sponsored program. Information packets are available in the school office.
11. Lunch today is a bacon cheeseburger or hamburger.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES