Huron High School
Announcements - Monday, 4/8/19
1. Reminder that the Student Union will be closed the entire day today for CCP advising. Please hold students or direct them to study hall2. Seniors please
be sure to log into your Naviance account to complete your senior
survey as part of your graduation requirement and senior check out.
Click on: About Me > My Surveys > Surveys Not Started
Huron Tiger Core Value for the month of April is Accountability. Be
accountable to your teachers, classmates, and teammates this month and
you could be nominated! All nominees win a Huron Tiger Core Value
T-Shirt and our top vote getter will receive a family pack of Cedar
4. NHS is hosting a School Supply Drive to help out Shawnee and Woodlands. Bring in school supplies to your 5th period class at any time until Friday, April 12th. The class with the most supplies brought in will receive a sundae bar the day before Easter Break, April 18th. Please refer to the flyers around the school for a list of supplies!
5. On Thursday, April 11, the following groups will be getting a group
picture taken during 4th period: Speech & Debate, TLC, Student
Council, NHS, Art club, Model UN, and yearbook. You will be called down
to the gym during 4th period. Please plan accordingly.
6. Reminder to students who are planning to take CCP classes for the first
time - If you have not already taken the Accuplacer test, call Firelands College at (419) 372-0886 to schedule as soon as possible. Please turn in your Accuplacer test results to Mrs. Smith.
7. There are S.T.A.R. leadership camp volunteer sign up forms in the office for interested students with S.T.A.R. camp experience.
Huron High School will be having a three-hour delay on Wednesday, 4/17,
for the English end of course exams. All students taking the end of
course exam will find their room assignments on the windows by the main
office. Students must arrive to the test on time! Students will not be
allowed to enter the testing room late. Busses will run at normal
times. Students arriving before 10:25 will be asked to wait in the
cafeteria and the gym.
up Juniors & Seniors!!! Our Kalahari Afterprom 50/50 jackpot is up
to $965. Keep selling your tickets to offset the cost of your water
park ticket. If every student sells their share of tickets, then the
jackpot will continue to grow and the price of your Afterprom ticket
goes down! For every 6 tickets you sell, your name is entered into a
weekly raffle to win a $25 gift card. As always, turn your ticket stubs
and money into the office and sign out more tickets to sell if needed.
Congratulations to Brittany Baumgartner for being this week's winner of the $25 gift card.
And don't forget...the person who sells the most 50/50 tickets in the end, will win a $50 gift card of their choice!!!
10. Lunch today is macaroni & cheese or a steak & cheese sub.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES