Huron High School
Announcements - Wednesday, 4/10/19
1. Reminder to students enrolling in CCP online or on campus classes -
please print out your schedule and turn it in to the counseling office.
Reminder to students who still have not turned in their course sheets, please do so as soon as possible so you can schedule classes with your counselor.
2. On Thursday, April 11, the following groups will be getting a group
picture taken during 4th period: Speech & Debate, TLC, Student
Council, NHS, Art club, Model UN, and yearbook. You will be called down
to the gym during 4th period. Please plan accordingly.
3. Congratulations to Hunter Garbe who broke the 100m hurdle record that stood for 23 years, running a 15.40, breaking the old record of 16.0.
4. Seniors please
be sure to log into your Naviance account to complete your senior
survey as part of your graduation requirement and senior check out.
Click on: About Me > My Surveys > Surveys Not Started
5. NHS is hosting a School Supply Drive to help out Shawnee and Woodlands. Bring in school supplies to your 5th period class at any time until Friday, April 12th. The class with the most supplies brought in will receive a sundae bar the day before Easter Break, April 18th. Please refer to the flyers around the school for a list of supplies!
6. Reminder to students who are planning to take CCP classes for the first
time - If you have not already taken the Accuplacer test, call Firelands College at (419) 372-0886 to schedule as soon as possible. Please turn in your Accuplacer test results to Mrs. Smith.
7. There are S.T.A.R. leadership camp volunteer sign up forms in the office for interested students with S.T.A.R. camp experience.
Huron High School will be having a three-hour delay on Wednesday, 4/17,
for the English end of course exams. All students taking the end of
course exam will find their room assignments on the windows by the main
office. Students must arrive to the test on time! Students will not be
allowed to enter the testing room late. Busses will run at normal
times. Students arriving before 10:25 will be asked to wait in the
cafeteria and the gym.
up Juniors & Seniors!!! Our Kalahari Afterprom 50/50 jackpot is up
to $965. Keep selling your tickets to offset the cost of your water
park ticket. If every student sells their share of tickets, then the
jackpot will continue to grow and the price of your Afterprom ticket
goes down! For every 6 tickets you sell, your name is entered into a
weekly raffle to win a $25 gift card. As always, turn your ticket stubs
and money into the office and sign out more tickets to sell if needed.
And don't forget...the person who sells the most 50/50 tickets in the end, will win a $50 gift card of their choice!!!
10. Lunch today is a bacon cheeseburger or buffalo chicken dip.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES