Huron High School
Announcements - Tuesday, 5/7/19
1. Attention Top 10%: You were given a slip of paper requesting information and a photo for the yearbook. Please get this to Mrs. Lee by this Friday,
Prom King and Queen sign-ups are in the office. Sign up as a pair.
You have to be going to prom together and you both have to be seniors.
Elections for the top three pairs will be on Monday, May 13th. Sign up
now through Friday.
The Huron Tiger Core Value for the month of May is consistency. If you
always bring your best, are always prepared, and ready to learn you
could be a core value nominee for May.
4. Any junior interested in applying for a Senior Seminar or Work-Based Learning next year
should see Mr. Antonelli in the office this week. We are currently
scheduling students for next year so stop in if you want to be a part of
5. Last day for Student Council officer petitions. Check the high school office.
Reminder to current Spring CCP students taking classes on-line
or on campus - You must return CCP materials to Mrs. Smith after you
finish your exams to avoid fees being added to your account.
High School will be operating on a 3-hour delay Wednesday, 5/8, due
to Algebra 1 and Geometry end of course testing. Busses will run at normal times.
Any student not testing that arrives to HHS prior to 9:25am will be
asked to wait in the cafeteria.
Student Union will be closed on Wednesday periods 1 & 5. All
students will need to report to Study Hall during that time.
8. Attention students and staff who haven't already ordered a 2018-2019 yearbook. The deadline to order a yearbook is Friday, May 17. Either order one online by visiting jostensyearbooks.com, or bring a check in to Mrs. Lee, made out to Huron High School, for $65.
9. Pictures from Junior Class trip are in. Stop by the high school office to pick one up.
10. Seniors remember to turn in your rules & regulation paper to the high school office. These are due next Monday, May 13th!
Admiral's Pointe will be having their annual Senior Prom on Thursday,
May 16th, from 6:45pm-8pm. The theme is Under the Sea. The band "The
Lounge Lizards" will be playing. Please call Lisa at 419-433-4990 to
RSVP. You can also email or send a text to 419-706-4776.
high school students dress up and participate in our prom makes the
residents feel young again and brings such meaning to their lives!
Thank you for helping make our prom a memorable one!
12. Any student under the age of 18 who is seeking employment will need to have a work permit filled out and signed by their parent. These are located outside the high school office. Please note that there is a place to be filled out by a physician UNLESS you have a valid physical on file in the office. Please see Mrs. Enderle with any questions.
currently in grades 9-12 are invited to participate in YES, a 4-day 3-night
service retreat June 5-8, in which students paint houses for families in need
in Huron and Sandusky. Cost is $50. The registration deadline is May 13th.
Registration forms are available in the high school office.
14. All Seniors who applied for the Sandusky Elks Student of the Month you are invited to their annual dinner Tuesday, May 14th at 6:30 p.m., where two scholarship awards will be announced. Student tickets are free and additional tickets are $8.00 each. Checks need to be made out to the Sandusky Elks. Please see Mrs. Smith in the counseling office for tickets.
15. Attention students planning on taking the UF Anatomy & Physiology class next year:
You need to apply to the University of Findlay (CCP application), make
sure you have taken the Accuplacer, and turn your results along with the
UF course recommendation sheet to Mrs. Smith as soon as possible.
16. Attention Seniors - you now have 2 graduation requirements in Naviance: You must complete the HHS Alumni Questionnaire Task that has been assigned on your Naviance Homepage
in addition to the Senior Survey which can be found when you click on:
About Me> My Surveys > Surveys Not Started. Please complete these as soon as possible.
17. Reminder to students who are planning to take CCP classes for the first
time - If you have not already taken the Accuplacer test, call Firelands College at (419) 372-0886 to schedule as soon as possible. Please turn in your Accuplacer test results to Mrs. Smith.
Also, students enrolling in CCP online or on campus classes -
please print out your schedule and turn it in to the counseling office.
18. Lunch today is mini corn dogs or a rib patty sandwich.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES