Huron High School
Announcements - Wednesday, 5/1/19
Come try out for the Huron Tigerettes! No experience necessary.
We will teach you everything you need to know. Clinics will be held May
6,8,13 &15th @ Woodlands School from 6-8pm. A sign-up sheet is located in the high school office. See the flyers posted around school for more information.
High School is operating on a 2-hour delay today due
to Biology end of course testing. Busses will run at normal times.
Any student not testing that arrives to HHS prior to 9:25am will be
asked to wait in the cafeteria.
3. Any female students in grade 9-11, interested in
becoming a candidate for the 2019 Huron Riverfest Queen - Please sign up
in the HHS Counseling department prior to Friday. Jackie Mayer, Miss
America 1963, will meet with potential candidates and have applications
available, this Friday at 2:00 in the HHS Counseling Department.
4. Attention students and staff who haven't already ordered a 2018-2019 yearbook. The deadline to order a yearbook is Friday, May 17. Either order one online by visiting jostensyearbooks.com, or bring a check in to Mrs. Lee, made out to Huron High School, for $65.
5. Student Council officer petitions are available in the high school office today through Tuesday, May 7th.
Any student under the age of 18 who is seeking employment will need to
have a work permit filled out and signed by their parent. These are
located outside the high school office. Please note that there is a
place to be filled out by a physician UNLESS you have a valid physical on file in the office. Please see Mrs. Enderle with any questions.
currently in grades 9-12 are invited to participate in YES, a 4-day 3-night
service retreat June 5-8, in which students paint houses for families in need
in Huron and Sandusky. Cost is $50. The registration deadline is May 13th.
Registration forms are available in the high school office.
8. All Seniors who applied for the Sandusky Elks Student of the Month you are invited to their annual dinner Tuesday, May 14th at 6:30 p.m., where two scholarship awards will be announced. Student tickets are free and additional tickets are $8.00 each. Checks need to be made out to the Sandusky Elks. Please see Mrs. Smith in the counseling office for tickets.
9. Attention students planning on taking the UF Anatomy & Physiology class next year:
You need to apply to the University of Findlay (CCP application), make
sure you have taken the Accuplacer, and turn your results along with the
UF course recommendation sheet to Mrs. Smith as soon as possible.
10. Tonight is euchre night at the Library beginning at 6:30pm. Stop by to
play pick up games with other card aficionados. The Library will also be
hosting chess on Saturday, May 4, from 10am-12:30pm if you prefer a
slower-paced game. No registration is required for euchre or chess.
Come by and bring a friend!
you enjoy reading and discussing books with your friends? The Library
has book groups for every age and interest. All you have to do is
register on our website or stop by and talk to a friendly librarian.
For information on these programs and more, visit huronlibrary.org. 11. Attention Seniors - you now have 2 graduation requirements in Naviance: You must complete the HHS Alumni Questionnaire Task that has been assigned on your Naviance Homepage
in addition to the Senior Survey which can be found when you click on:
About Me> My Surveys > Surveys Not Started. Please complete these as soon as possible.
12. This is the final week to sell and turn in AfterProm 50/50 tickets to the
office!! Keep selling!
50/50 jackpot is up to $1150 and will grow throughout this week with
your continued sales to offset some of the Waterpark ticket price.
There will be tons of fun and prize giveaways at the Kalahari AfterProm
party! For every 6 raffle tickets sold, your name will be entered into
the final $25 gift card drawing. We will also announce the $50 gift
card winner who sold the most tickets.
The 50/50 raffle winner will be announced at AfterProm.
13. Reminder to students who are planning to take CCP classes for the first
time - If you have not already taken the Accuplacer test, call Firelands College at (419) 372-0886 to schedule as soon as possible. Please turn in your Accuplacer test results to Mrs. Smith.
Also, students enrolling in CCP online or on campus classes -
please print out your schedule and turn it in to the counseling office.
14. Lunch today is chicken nuggets & mashed potatoes.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES