HURON HIGH SCHOOL
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2015
1. The Tiger tennis team swept Rossford 5-0 last night. Frankie Reiber and
Emily Dewey won at 1st doubles while Abbey Black and Gretchen Blackwell
posted a win at 2nd doubles. Delaney Black, Elizabeth Mills and Katey
Franks also won at 1st, 2nd and 3rd singles respectively. The Tigers
end the regular season with a 12-7 record.
2. If you will have turned 18 by Nov. 3,
you can now register to vote. Forms are due one month before the
election, so please see Mrs. Merckens in room 206 for a registration
form and return it by Friday, October 2.
3. Attention Juniors and Seniors who want to be members of National Honor
Society: If you received notification that you are eligible to apply for
NHS, please turn in your completed, word-processed application to the
guidance office by 2:50 on Wednesday, September 30.
4. Attention all Juniors planning on going on the class trip to Washington
D.C. There will be a mandatory meeting for you and your parents to
attend on Wednesday, Sept. 30 at 7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
2016 ESPY SCHOLARSHIP - Opportunity for $2,500 scholarship, free trip to the 2016 ESPYS, and $3,500 for
your school. Sophomore, Junior and Senior student
athletes who feel they have raised the bar in their educational attainment,
community engagement, and demonstration of team will be considered. More information is available in the
Guidance office. Criteria must be
attained from OCTOBER 1, 2015 – JUNE 1, 2016. DEADLINE TO REGISTER
IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2015. Stop in Guidance with any questions.
6. Attention all students who are taking a Bowling Green
class 2nd semester but are not currently taking one this Fall: You must
RE-APPLY to BGSU Firelands on their website. You will not be able to
take a Spring College Credit Plus Course if you do not re-apply. Your
deadline for all applications is Friday Nov. 13th.
7. Any student interested in taking the PSAT test on October 14th are to sign up in the Guidance department by Thursday, October 8th. The cost is $15. Preferred payment would be with a check or money order.
8. Lunch today is a burrito bowl or a toasted pizza sub.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES