HURON HIGH SCHOOL
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2015
1. Congratulations to Delaney Black for finishing runner-up and earning
1st team SBC honors over the weekend! Huron hosts Norwalk today at 4:00.
2. Attention students planning on attending the Model UN conference in
Columbus: Your $245 check made out to Huron High School is due to Mrs.
3. Attention all students traveling to Europe this summer with Ms. Ryan and
Mrs. Arambula. There will be a meeting in the Library today at
5:00pm. Please note this is a change from the original meeting date. We
will be discussing fundraising opportunities and things to consider for
traveling. Please plan on attending or having a parent there to go over
the information provided. If you have any questions, feel free to see
Ms. Ryan or Mrs. Arambula.
BGSU Firelands College will be here for a lunchroom visit today in the
cafeteria. Stop by their table and see what they might offer that
5. The homecoming parade & bonfire will be held on Wednesday, September 23rd at 7pm.
6. Spirit Week attire:
'Merica Monday, Tropical Tuesday, Pajama Wednesday, College Gear Thursday and for Friday...Seniors wear red, juniors wear gray, sophomores wear white and freshman wear black.
7. Seniors: This is
the last week to apply for The "Elks Student of the Month"!!
Applications are available in the guidance office. If selected as a
student of the month, you will not only be entered into the local
scholarship competition but also have your bio in the Sandusky Register
and be invited to a scholarship dinner in May. There are numerous
scholarship opportunities available so don't hesitate to apply! The deadline is fast approaching so don't miss out on this great opportunity! Applications are due by this Friday, September 25.
8. The Sandusky State Theater vocalocity Show Choir invites students ages11-18 to attend auditions on Tuesday Oct 6th or Weds Oct 7th from 6:30-8:30.
See the fliers around the building for more information. An
information sheet is also available on the counter in the office.
9. Attention Art Students: Any student interested in Art Club should sign up in the art room any time this week.
10. Any student who would like to serve as a student tutor during their
study hall should see Ms. Ryan sometime this week. Tutoring is community
service and is a wonderful thing to brag about on your resume. All
subject areas are needed.
looking for community service hours - Making Strides Against Breast
Cancer walk of Erie County is looking for volunteers on Saturday,
October 24th, at the James McBride Arboretum @ Firelands College. They
are looking for volunteers to work in registration, accounting room, the
fun tent, merchandise tent and water stop tables. As a volunteer you
will get a special volunteer long sleeve shirt and a light breakfast.
Volunteers will need to be at the park at 7am and should be done by 11am. To sign up for this opportunity please go their website; makingstrideswalk.org/eriecounty. There are also pamphlets outside the high school office is someone would want to join the walk!
If you plan on bringing a guest to the Homecoming Dance on September
26th who does not attend Huron High School, you could start the process
of having forms filled out. The paperwork is located outside the high
school office. There is an emergency medical form and a form to be
signed by the guest's principal and parent. These two forms will need
to be turned in when you purchase your homecoming tickets. Please plan
13. Any student interested in taking the PSAT test on October 14th are to sign up in the Guidance department by Thursday, October 8th. The cost is $15. Preferred payment would be with a check or money order.
14. Lunch today is a barbecued pork sandwich or a buffalo chicken wrap.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Boys golf vs. Vermilion 3:30pm
Girls golf vs. Port Clinton 3:30pm
Girls tennis vs. Norwalk 4:00pmGirls soccer @ Fremont Ross 5:00pm