HURON HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2015
1. The Tiger tennis team lost to Port Clinton last night in a hard fought
match. Katey Franks pulled out the lone win in a third set match tie
breaker. Huron travels to Fremont St. Joe today.
2. Attention all students traveling to Europe this summer with Ms. Ryan and
Mrs. Arambula. There will be a meeting in the Library on Monday, September 21st at
5:00pm. Please note this is a change from the original meeting date. We
will be discussing fundraising opportunities and things to consider for
traveling. Please plan on attending or having a parent there to go over
the information provided. If you have any questions, feel free to see
Ms. Ryan or Mrs. Arambula.
3. Attention Yearbook Club Members: Just a reminder that there is a very
important meeting today right after school in room 99. Attendance is
important. Please plan on being there for at least 30 minutes.
Attention students planning on attending the Model UN conference in
Columbus: Your $245 check made out to Huron High School is due to Mrs.
Merckens by Monday, September 21, After that we will start the work and fun!
5. Any Senior 17 years or older: The Board of Elections is looking for poll workers on Tuesday, November 3. You work from 6 am until 8 pm,
but you earn $112 for your efforts. Applications are available in room
206 and are due back to Mrs. Merckens by Friday, September 18.
Attention drivers WITH parking tags: Would you like to park close to
the building for the rest of the school year? So close that during
rain, wind, snow or sleet you have a quick transit to and from your
vehicle? We are sponsoring a raffle for the first parking spot next to
the Student of the Month spots. Tickets are $.50 each or 3 for $1.
Tickets may be purchased at lunch time all this week. The drawing will
take place Friday the 18th after lunch C. The winner will "own" that
parking spot for the remainder of the school year. Take a chance and
you could be warm and dry all winter long.
7. Attention all students planning on taking the October 24th ACT test - you will need to register for the test on the ACT student website by Friday, Sept. 18th. Please pick up a flyer in the Guidance Office if you have any more questions!
The "Elks Student of the Month" applications are available in the
guidance office. If selected as a student of the month, you will not
only be entered into the local scholarship competition but also have
your bio in the Sandusky Register and be invited to a scholarship dinner
in May. There are numerous scholarship opportunities available so don't hesitate to apply! Applications are due by September 25.
If you plan on bringing a guest to the Homecoming Dance on September
26th who does not attend Huron High School, you could start the process
of having forms filled out. The paperwork is located outside the high
school office. There is an emergency medical form and a form to be
signed by the guest's principal and parent. These two forms will need
to be turned in when you purchase your homecoming tickets. Please plan
10. Any student interested in taking the PSAT test on October 14th are to sign up in the Guidance department by Thursday, October 8th. The cost is $15. Preferred payment would be with a check or money order.
11. Lunch today is chicken nuggets & mashed potatoes or a toasted Italian sub.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Boys golf @ Clyde 4:00pm
Girls golf @ Margaretta 4:15pm
Girls tennis @ Fremont St Joe
Varsity boys soccer vs Clyde 5:00pmVarsity girls soccer vs Clyde 7:00pm