HURON HIGH SCHOOL
In boys golf yesterday, Max Martin advances to Districts by shooting an
80 - the 4th lowest individual score yesterday. Congratulations and
good luck Max!
2. The Tiger tennis team closed out the season yesterday with some solid
play at sectionals. Congratulations to Delaney Black who will advance
to district play at Bowling Green State University next week.
Attention all tennis players----there will be NO practice today.
3. There will be a short meeting for all junior class officers in Mr. Schaeffer's room right after school today.
4. Today is the last day to turn voter registration forms into Mrs. Merckens in room 206.
5. Girls interested in basketball, Coach Phillips will be holding an open gym from 10 am to noon on Sunday, 10/4/15.
6. Attention all students: There is a volunteering opportunity for the Abigail Pregnancy Services Fundraiser Dinner on Oct. 5th at the Colonnade Banquet Hall at 6:30.
Students are needed to help with serving and clean-up. If you are
interested please sign up in the Guidance Office by the end of the day
7. Any junior whose parents were unable to make the meeting last night but
would still like to go on the class trip can stop by Mr. Schaeffer's
room to pick up the information.
8. Did you know October is Breast Cancer
Awareness Month? For a $1 donation you can buy a football during lunch
on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, to honor someone you know who has been
diagnosed with breast cancer. All footballs will hang in the cafeteria
for the month of October to commemorate our loved ones. Crucial Catch
will donate all proceeds to cancer research. Together we can make a
9. Attention anyone who missed out on ordering a 2014-2015 yearbook from
last year. Jostens has sent us an extra box of books. If you are
interested in purchasing a book, bring a check to the office for $65,
made out to Huron High School.
10. WACE NATIONAL CO-OP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM – Wace partners with 10 different institutions
offering several scholarships. Interested
students must have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.5 or better. Please visit the Guidance office for
more details. Application DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 15, 2016.
all students who are taking a Bowling Green class 2nd semester at
Firelands or HHS but are not currently taking one this Fall: You must
RE-APPLY to BGSU Firelands on their website. You will not be able to
take a Spring College Credit Plus Course if you do not re-apply. Your
deadline for all applications is Friday, Nov. 13th.
12. The Teen Library Council at the Huron Public Library will meet on Sunday, October 4 at 2 pm.
Members are reminded to bring their personal planners/calendars for
library programming scheduling. The group will also set a date for the
TLC Halloween Party.
13. Presale tickets for tonight's football game at Margaretta are on sale in the office for $5. All tickets at the gate will be $6.
14. Any student interested in taking the PSAT test on October 14th are to sign up in the Guidance department by Thursday, October 8th. The cost is $15. Preferred payment would be with a check or money order.
15. Ripcho Studio will be here for retakes of underclassmen on Tuesday, October 20th. If you have received your pictures and are not happy with them, please remember to bring those with you on October 20th. If you missed pictures all together and plan to order, there are extra forms in the high school office.
16. Lunch today is bosco breadsticks or a toasted pizza sub.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES