Volleyball vs Margaretta 5:00pm (JV & Varsity)
HURON HIGH SCHOOL
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2015
1. Any junior whose parents were unable to make the meeting last night but
would still like to go on the class trip can stop by Mr. Schaeffer's
room to pick up the information.
2. Did you know October is Breast Cancer
Awareness Month? For a $1 donation you can buy a football during lunch
on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, to honor someone you know who has been
diagnosed with breast cancer. All footballs will hang in the cafeteria
for the month of October to commemorate our loved ones. Crucial Catch
will donate all proceeds to cancer research. Together we can make a
3. If you will have turned 18 by Nov. 3,
you can now register to vote. Forms are due one month before the
election, so please see Mrs. Merckens in room 206 for a registration
form and return it by Friday, October 2.
University of Findlay is offering several fall visit events in
October. This is a great opportunity for any who are interested in
learning more about all the different programs they offer. Stop into
the Guidance office to learn more about how you can schedule your
personal visit! 5. There will be a short meeting for all junior class officers in Mr. Schaeffer's room right after school Friday.
6. Girls interested in basketball, Coach Phillips will be holding an open gym from 10 am to noon on Sunday, 10/4/15.
7. Attention anyone who missed out on ordering a 2014-2015 yearbook from
last year. Jostens has sent us an extra box of books. If you are
interested in purchasing a book, bring a check to the office for $65,
made out to Huron High School.
8. ABBOTT and FENNER – scholarship award of $1,000.
Any interested high school Juniors or Seniors must submit an essay on
the topic that appears on their website http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm. More information is available in the
Guidance office. DEADLINE is JUNE 10, 2016. New scholarship:
WACE NATIONAL CO-OP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM – Wace partners with 10 different institutions
offering several scholarships. Interested
students must have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.5 or better. Please visit the Guidance office for
more details. Application DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 15, 2016.
all students who are taking a Bowling Green class 2nd semester at
Firelands or HHS but are not currently taking one this Fall: You must
RE-APPLY to BGSU Firelands on their website. You will not be able to
take a Spring College Credit Plus Course if you do not re-apply. Your
deadline for all applications is Friday, Nov. 13th.
10. The Teen Library Council at the Huron Public Library will meet on Sunday, October 4 at 2 pm.
Members are reminded to bring their personal planners/calendars for
library programming scheduling. The group will also set a date for the
TLC Halloween Party.
11. Presale tickets for Friday's football game at Margaretta are on sale in the office for $5. All tickets at the gate will be $6.
12. Any student interested in taking the PSAT test on October 14th are to sign up in the Guidance department by Thursday, October 8th. The cost is $15. Preferred payment would be with a check or money order.
13. Ripcho Studio will be here for retakes of underclassmen on Tuesday, October 20th. If you have received your pictures and are not happy with them, please remember to bring those with you on October 20th. If you missed pictures all together and plan to order, there are extra forms in the high school office.
14. Lunch today is chicken nuggets & mashed potatoes or a toasted pizza sub. Starting today there will be no charging of extras. You must have money on your account to buy extras!.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES