HURON HIGH SCHOOL
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2015
1. If you are interested in Science Club, the first meeting will be today after
school in room 101. If you can't attend but are still interested in
becoming a member, please see Ms. Telenko or Mr. Asher.
2. The Huron tennis team lost 3-2 last night to a strong Perkins
team. Winning for the Tigers was Elizabeth Mills at 2nd singles and
Katey Franks at 3rd singles. Huron travels to Oak Harbor tomorrow.
3. Attention Teachers: Voting for homecoming attendants will occur this Friday
(11th) during first period. Please set time aside in order to pass out
ballots and allow students to vote. Thank you for your understanding. Student Council
4. The cheerleaders will be decorating the car windows of any interested SENIORS
who play a fall sport! If you would like your car painted, please top
by the office and grab a form. Fill out the information and return to
Kaitlyn Krueger, Allison Gorby or Emily Lance.
5. The Friends of the Huron Public Library will have a book sale Friday, September 11th, at 9am through Sunday, September 13, 5pm
during normal business hours at the Huron Public Library. Live with
the Friends free jazz concert featuring Zack Resnick at the Huron Public
Library on Sunday at 3pm.
7. The Huron Band will be having a fundraiser at the Sandusky Chipotle on Monday, September 14th, between 4pm and 8pm. Tell the cashier you're supporting the Huron Band and 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the band.
6. On Monday, September 14th,
Ripcho Studio will be at Huron High School to take pictures of the
underclassmen (grades 9-11). If you plan on ordering pictures, please
remember to bring your filled out form along with your payment to hand
to the photographer when you are called down to have your picture taken
The "Elks Student of the Month" applications are available in the
guidance office. If selected as a student of the month, you will not
only be entered into the local scholarship competition but also have
your bio in the Sandusky Register and be invited to a scholarship dinner
in May. There are numerous scholarship opportunities available so don't hesitate to apply! Applications are due by September 25.
9. The Huron Tiger and St. Mary's Panthers are hosting the 2nd Annual Victory Day this Saturday, September 12, at 4pm. Victory Day is a Special Olympics approach to giving special needs children a chance to experience the joys of participating in football drills, march with the band or cheer with the cheerleaders.
The event will be held at Huron Memorial Stadium again this year. The
program lasts about an hour and is free - a canned good donation will be
accepted at the gate.
10. Attention all students: BGSU Firelands will be hosting a college fair on Tuesday,
September 15th, from 6:30-8pm
in the Cedar Point Center. Several colleges from our state will be
there. Save a trip and meet with college admissions staff all in one
If you plan on bringing a guest to the Homecoming Dance on September
26th who does not attend Huron High School, you could start the process
of having forms filled out. The paperwork is located outside the high
school office. There is an emergency medical form and a form to be
signed by the guest's principal and parent. These two forms will need
to be turned in when you purchase your homecoming tickets. Please plan
12. Attention all interested Juniors and Seniors: If you have a 3.5 GPA or
higher, you will receive instructions in homeroom today for how to apply
for National Honor Society. Please follow the directions carefully and
turn your application in to the Guidance Office by Wednesday,
13. More news from the Huron Public Library:
Test: Learn how to review, prepare and practice for the ACT, SAT, and
more in this hour-long, free class. For grades 7 through adult on Tuesday, September 15 at 4pm. Registration is required by calling the library at 419-433-5009.
Photography Club at the Huron Public Library, Tuesday, September 15, at 6:30pm. Registration encouraged.
Scarf knitting for beginners at the Huron Public Library, Tuesday, September 15, at 6:30pm. Registration required.
14. Any student interested in taking the PSAT test on Oct. 14th are to sign up in the Guidance department by Thursday, Oct. 8th. The cost is $15. Preferred payment would be with a check or money order.
15. Lunch today is a burrito bowl or a cold cut sub.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Boys golf @ Edison 3:30pmGirls tennis @ Oak Harbor 4:00pm
Girls golf @ Perkins 4:00pm
Volleyball vs. Port Clinton 4:30pm
JV boys soccer @ Norwalk 5:00pm
Varsity boys soccer vs Norwalk @ McCormick Soccer field 5:00pmVarsity girls soccer vs Norwalk @ McCormick Soccier field 7:00pm