HURON HIGH SCHOOL
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2015
1. Attention all choir members: Cookie dough orders will arrive today. Please arrange for pick-up if you have a large order.
Do you like to ski or snowboard? Are you interested in joining a ski
club? Today anyone interested can sign up during lunch in the
cafeteria. Stop by the table for more info.
3. Today is the last day to sign up for the PSAT test to be given on October 14th. The cost is $15. Turn your check into the guidance office.
4. Attention all Juniors: Reminder that Permission Slips and First Payment for the class trip are due next Wednesday, October 15.
5. Open gym for girls basketball will be Sunday from 11am to noon.
6. Attention tennis team members----please bring clean uniforms to cafeteria immediately after school today.
7. Attention any senior who did not get senior pictures taken by
Lifetouch/Woodard Photography. If you want to be included in the
portrait section of the yearbook, you must participate in the FREE
Woodard portrait session, during the morning of Wednesday, October 21. They will be in room 107 from 7:15am to 9:15am to take FREE portrait shots of you just for the yearbook. Please plan and dress accordingly.
8. St. Peter presents 2nd Friday socials from 9-11p. High school students, starting October 9th, join us for fun, half court basketball, board games, cards, pizza and pop. For more information about 2nd Friday Socials see the posters in the hallways.
9. Presale tickets for Friday's home football game vs Port Clinton are on sale in the high school office for $5. All tickets at the gate will be $6.
10. Community Service opportunities: Volunteers are needed for The Color Run on Saturday, October 10th
in downtown Sandusky. You can volunteer as a group or as an
individual. Please see the flyer posted on the office window. Or for
more information email ColorRunSandusky@aol.com.
St. Peter's Parish has a couple of upcoming service opportunities. On November 2nd they are looking for people to help hospice with writing letters to families of community members who have passed.
On December 20th
they are looking for help in distributing cards/singing Christmas
carols at local nursing homes and at the Veteran's Home. For more
information about these two volunteer opportunities see the posting on
the high school window.
Assembly of God, Food Pantry is in need of students to help with loading and
unloading of plastic totes from a donation from fishing tournaments. There are 4 dates this month beginning
on Saturday, October 17th, where 3 to 4 helpers would be needed from
3:30 to 5:00 p.m. on each day.
This is a great way to earn community service hours and to help one of
our local churches. For more
information and to sign up, please stop in to the Guidance office.
11. Did you know October is Breast Cancer
Awareness Month? For a $1 donation you can buy a football during lunch
on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, to honor someone you know who has been
diagnosed with breast cancer. All footballs will hang in the cafeteria
for the month of October to commemorate our loved ones. Crucial Catch
will donate all proceeds to cancer research. Together we can make a
12. Attention anyone who missed out on ordering a 2014-2015 yearbook from
last year. Jostens has sent us an extra box of books. If you are
interested in purchasing a book, bring a check to the office for $65,
made out to Huron High School.
all students who are taking a Bowling Green class 2nd semester at
Firelands or HHS but are not currently taking one this Fall: You must
RE-APPLY to BGSU Firelands on their website. You will not be able to
take a Spring College Credit Plus Course if you do not re-apply. Your
deadline for all applications is Friday, Nov. 13th.
14. Ripcho Studio will be here for retakes of underclassmen on Tuesday, October 20th. If you have received your pictures and are not happy with them, please remember to bring those with you on October 20th. If you missed pictures all together and plan to order, there are extra forms in the high school office.
15. Lunch today is pizza or a turkey wrap.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES