December 11, 2015
1. Are you and your parents taking extra days off at Christmas break? A vacation form needs to be submitted to the office prior to the absence, so that Mr. Carter can approve the absence.
2. TLC will be hosting “Operation Troops.” The goal is to bring in basic necessities and snacks such as hard candy, gum, crackers, granola bars, beef jerky, cards, journals, pens, toiletries, pocket Kleenex, chapstick, and hand warmers. This drive ends today. The homeroom for each grade with the most items will win fresh baked cookies and hot cocoa. All proceeds go to help the troops and all donations would be appreciated.
3. Attention, girls interested in attending a softball skills clinic: The high school coaching staff and players are sponsoring a clinic to be held during January. More information is available in the wall pockets outside the office. Please stop by and pick up a copy if you are interested.
4. Student Council wants to remind homeroom teachers and students that the Holiday Door Decorating Contest is this week. Remember you may only work on door decorations during study hall. Doors must be completed by 2:45 today. Good Luck!
5. It’s a holiday PJ - DJ dance! - Today, from 2:45 - 4:30 in the gym. Tunes will be playing, people will be dancing and having fun, and cookies and punch will be in abundance. Wear your school appropriate PJ’s for the day (no slippers though, shoes must be worn for safety reasons.) Tickets are $5.00.
6. News from Huron Public Library: -The Creative Collage series at the Huron Public Library begins Wednesday, December 9 at 6 pm. This month's project will be a collage notebook. Registration is required. -The Huron Public Library Teen Library Council will have a holiday party this Friday, December 11 at 2:45 pm. Members are reminded that this is an "ugly holiday sweater" wearing, white elephant gift exchange. -Game Nights are every Tuesday at 6 pm at the Huron Public Library. Registration can be completed upon arrival.
7. Attention students who are members of academic challenge, NJHS, Power of the Pen, and Student Council. It is time again to help raise money for your organizations by working the basketball concession stands. A sign up sheet is in the office. If each member could work one night, the entire basketball season would be staffed. Please stop by the office during study hall and check the sign up sheet for dates and your availability. All proceeds benefit our organizations. See Mrs. Aber or Mrs. Rowen if you have any questions.
8. Student Council and Honor Society members -- Remember to bring your cookies and punch for the dance to Mrs. Rowen and Mrs. Aber today.
9. Are you interested in working on the McCormick Yearbook? If so, there will be a meeting during the 7th and 8th grade lunches. If you are in 7th grade and your last name begins with the letter A-N, bring your lunch to Mr. Maleski's room on Monday, Dec. 14. If your last name begins with the letter O-Z, bring your lunch to Mr. Maleski's room on Tuesday, Dec. 15. If you are in 8th grade, letters A-N will meet in Mrs. Brown's room during lunch on Monday, Dec. 14, and letters O-Z will meet in Mrs. Brown's room on Tuesday, Dec. 15 during lunch. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Maleski or Mrs. Brown.
10. Huron swimmers had a great meet Thursday against Margaretta. First place winners included: Allison Dieter, Lily Schwartz, Riley Roldan, Madison Monak, Ella Fisher, and A.J. Milchen, Libby Francis, and Lily Franks.
11. Congratulations to the 8th grade boys and 7th grade girls basketball teams. They both defeated Port Clinton last night.