December 7, 2015
1. Are your and your parents taking extra days off at Christmas break? A vacation form needs to be submitted to the office prior to the absence, so that Mr. Carter can approve the absence.
2. TLC will be hosting “Operation Troops.” The goal is to bring in basic necessities and snacks such as hard candy, gum, crackers, granola bars, beef jerky, cards, journals, pens, toiletries, pocket Kleenex, chapstick, and hand warmers. This drive starts today and ends Friday, December 11th. The homeroom for each grade with the most items will win fresh baked cookies and hot cocoa. All proceeds go to help the troops and all donations would be appreciated.
3. Attention, girls interested in attending a softball skills clinic: The high school coaching staff and players are sponsoring a clinic to be held during January. More information is available in the wall pockets outside the office. Please stop by and pick up a copy if you are interested.
4. Attention Student Council members, please stop by Mrs. Rowen's room today before going to homeroom for Channel one. Mrs. Rowen has information to give you regarding Friday's dance.
5. Student Council wants to remind homeroom teachers and students that the Holiday Door Decorating Contest begins today. Remember you may only work on door decorations during study hall. Doors must be completed by 2:45 on Friday. Good Luck!
6. Power of the Pen will meet today.
7. Its a holiday PJ - DJ dance! This Friday, from 2:45 - 4:30 in the gym, tunes will be playing and people will be dancing and having fun and cookies and punch will be in abundance. Buy your $5 ticket at lunch on Tues, Wed, Thursday or $6 AT THE FRONT DOOR on Friday morning and wear your school appropriate PJ’s for the day (no slippers though, shoes must be worn for safety reasons during the school day). P.S. If you want to wear PJ’s but NOT go to the dance, you will pay $1 at the front door on Friday.